The career training you want. The flexibility you need.
MyPath programs are new highly-flexible, modular certificate programs designed for adult students seeking short-term, career-specific training options. Each program has multiple intakes throughout the year, meaning new MyPath students may begin their studies approximately every six to eight weeks. Courses are offered as six-week learning modules and students can complete one, two or three modules toward one of two certificates.
This certificate program will provide students with the skills and abilities required to perform effectively in institutional food preparation settings, whether in hospital or long-term facilities. Students will proceed through the academic portion of the program to food preparation and service, nutrition and sanitary practices in the workplace. The program includes a mandatory field placement (80 hours) for individuals in a hospital or long-term care setting. This program meets Ministry of Long Term Care Act. Students are required to have a health form completed by their physician, First Aid and CPR certification and a negative police clearance.
- Customer Service & Communication Skills
- Role of the Food Service Worker
- Food Preparation & Service
- Nutrition Throughout the Lifecycle
- Special Diets
- Field Placement-Food Service Worker
This program is designed to provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to function as a clerk, assistant or receptionist in a variety of health care facilites including hospital units, doctors' offices and clinics.
- Microsoft Office Essentials
- Medical Terminology & Anatomy
- Processing of Physicians' Orders
- Patient Preparation in Health Care
- Computerized Billing
- Professional Communication
- Organizational Skills
- Medical Transcription
- Electronic Patient Records
- Price includes books
- Students are eligible to apply for the Continuing Education (CE) bursary, which will provide funding assistance to those that qualify
- Courses not eligible for OSAP
Contact us to learn more
We have dedicated MyPath staff to personally help you through every step of learning about our programs, registration and getting ready for classes. Contact Matt to get started today!