I am an international applicant and I’m ready to apply to Fanshawe!
- Review the Admission Requirements to ensure you meet the program requirements.
- Check the Program Details for availability and campus locations.
- Apply now through Fanshawe College’s VAS (Virtual Application System). Our International Centre will assess your application and, if accepted, provide you with a Letter of Admission as soon as possible.
I am a domestic* applicant and I am ready to apply to Fanshawe!
Thank you for your interest! At this time, this program is currently available to International applicants only. Check back soon for updates or connect with us to discuss your program options.
*Domestic applicants include Canadian citizens, permanent residents, protected persons and Convention refugees.
Specialize in sales and marketing in the automotive industry - 2022/2023
Note: This program is available to international students only.
The Automotive Sales program includes business curriculum relating to sales, customer service management and marketing, including curriculum addressing key components of automotive, truck and coach, and agriculture transportation systems to prepare well-rounded graduates who can apply their sales expertise alongside their specialized knowledge of transportation technology.
This unique combination of courses provides a pathway for students who have completed a first post-secondary program in business or transportation, and prepares graduates for sales positions within the transportation industry.
Automotive Sales is a 30-week Ontario Graduate Certificate program. You’ll begin the program by creating a strong foundation in the fundamentals of technical sales and marketing, quickly moving into specialized training in new media marketing, CRM enabled selling, emerging transportation technologies, marketing management and more.
This program is also an opportunity for further study for graduates of business programs and of motive power programs. It also provides a pathway to a postgraduate opportunity for journey-people with a Red Seal in a relevant trade.
Strong job prospects are expected for graduates, with a projected 14% increase in opportunities for technical sales specialists over the next 6 years in the province of Ontario.
Did you know Fanshawe consistently ranks high in graduation employment rates among large colleges in Ontario?
Here are some examples of career opportunities for graduates of Fanshawe’s Automotive Sales program:
Automotive sales consultant
Automotive parts sales representative
Heavy truck sales representative
Agricultural equipment and supplies technical salesperson
Manufacturing Industry sales consultant/representative
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Prepare and deliver a sales presentation based on an analysis of clients’ knowledge base and needs to assist the client in making a fully informed purchase.
- Collaborate with team members to market the corporate brand and meet sales targets in order to contribute to the achievement of the company’s strategic goals.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with clients to secure their loyalty to the salesperson and the corporate brand.
- Conceptualize, develop and implement a business plan to manage personal brand and sales goals.
- Apply the principles of business ethics and corporate social responsibility to adhere to industry and professionalism standards.
- Use information technology relevant to the sales function to manage accounts and client relationships.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the company’s strategic account management plans to secure and satisfy key account stakeholders.
- Explain both the basic and the emerging technological features of an automotive system, including the variables that effect each component, to ensure a client’s full understanding of the vehicle.
- Research new and emerging technologies in the automotive sector to maintain currency in a rapidly developing field and effectively market and sell new products and technologies.
Full Time Offerings
Ontario College Diploma, Ontario College Advanced Diploma, or Degree
An equivalent qualification from another institution as judged by the College
Red Seal in a related trade
English Language Requirements
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years. SDS Program Requirements.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 59, with test results within the last two years
- A Cambridge English Test (FCE/CAE/CPE) with an overall score on the Cambridge English Scale of 176 with no language skill less than 169, with test results within the last two years
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years
- Fanshawe College ESL4/GAP5 students: Minimum grade of 80% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 9 or 75% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 10