Overview - 2019/2020
This program is for international students only at this time.
The Business Analysis program offered at Fanshawe College is an eight-month Ontario Graduate Certificate.
Business analysts drive change within organizations and maintain a vibrant and dynamic skill set in today's fast-paced world.
Learning within the program is focused on the gathering, comprehension and management of project requirements to meet the strategic, tactical and financial goals of an organization.
David McKenna, Ph.D., DPM, PMP, CSM
Phone: 519-452-4430 x2897
Admission Requirements - 2019/2020
A Two- or Three-Year College Diploma, or a Degree
(Note: minimum 'C+' average or cumulative 2.5 GPA)
Acceptable combination of related work experience and post-secondary education as judged by the College*
Five years of work experience in the human resources field as judged by the College to be equivalent*
- *Applicants may be required to submit a resume and cover letter that includes details of work experience.
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 570 for the paper-based test (PBT), or 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years. SDS Program Requirements.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 59, with test results within the last two years
- A Cambridge English Test (FCE/CAE/CPE) with an overall score on the Cambridge English Scale of 176 with no language skill less than 169, with test results within the last two years
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years
- Fanshawe College ESL4/GAP5 students: Minimum grade of 80% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 9 or 75% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 10
Recommended Academic Preparation
It is highly recommended that students be proficient in the following areas before entry into the program:
- Business Communication
- Computer applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Applicant Selection Criteria
Where the number of eligible applicants exceeds the available spaces in the program, the Applicant Selection Criteria will be:
- Preference for Permanent Residents of Ontario
- Receipt of Application by February 1st (After this date, Fanshawe College will consider applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full)
- Achievement in the Admission Requirements
Careers - 2019/2020
Career OpportunitiesStudents may find opportunities as business analysts, business analytics and project management within a variety of organizations including health care, telecommunications, banking, manufacturing, education, IT networking and software industries.
More Information - 2019/2020A Mandatory Mobile Computing (Laptop) Program
A One-Year Ontario College Graduate Certificate Program
A Co-operative Education ProgramThis program is available for International students only.Program Code: BAN1
Campus Code: LC (LC - London)
15 week terms
Academic Calendars available at www.fanshawec.ca/academicdates
ContactLawrence Kinlin School of Business: 519-452-4290
Program DescriptionBusiness analysts drive change within organizations; they maintain a vibrant and dynamic skill set in today's fast paced world. This one-year (3 semesters) graduate certificate is designed for university and college graduates looking for a career as a business analyst within large organizations and is closely aligned with the role of a project manager. Learning within the program is focused on the gathering, comprehension and management of project requirements to meet the strategic, tactical and financial goals of an organization. A mandatory co-op term in semester 3 offers students the opportunity to apply their skills as a business analyst within a variety of organizations.
Students may be eligible for advanced standing in a number of courses associated with the Project Management (PRJ1) Ontario Graduate Certificate at Fanshawe College. Students should speak directly with the program coordinator for further information.Learning Outcomes
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to:
- Develop new or improved innovative business processes from gap analysis through process design in support of a company's strategic objectives in a socially responsible manner;
- Develop and document business processes and business models according to established timelines and project goals in order to successfully execute the project;
- Plan, manage, and facilitate requirements gathering activities to define, manage, and implement the product or process;
- Develop strategies to bridge gaps between requirements and existing systems in accordance with standard business practices;
- Accurately communicate technical and business information to all stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of system requirements;
- Collaborate and network with stakeholders in an ethical manner to evaluate and align business processes and business models with the strategic objectives of the organization Curriculum.