Digital Communication Management program - 2021/2022
This program is offered to international students only.
Pursue a career in communications and add practical digital media skills to your resume with this one-year post-graduate program in Digital Communication Management.
This program will provide you with functional knowledge and specialized skills in core areas of digital communications including content strategy and curation, user experience and user design.
Upon completion of this graduate certificate program, you’ll be prepared for jobs including:
- Digital communication specialist
- Social media manager
- Social media strategist
- Digital media manager
Prepare for a successful career in digital communications!
- Become an expert in digital communication strategy to develop and analyze materials which attract and engage diverse audiences
- Hone your communications skills to create and distribute content for a range of platforms using multimedia and interactive tools
- Cultivate strategies for personal and professional development to enhance work performance and maximize professional opportunities in communication management
- Learn professional communications industry standards, practices and ethics and copyright law in the development and delivering of content
- Gain practical skills in user experience, from conceptualization to implementation of multi-platform programming
Admission Requirements - 2021/2022
Admission RequirementsA Two- or Three-Year College Diploma, or a Degree
(Note: minimum 'C+' average or cumulative 2.5 GPA)
Professional background and experience as judged by the College to be equivalent to the above
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required
to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 88 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years. SDS Program Requirements.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70 with no score less than 60 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 59, with test results within the last two years
- A Cambridge English Test (FCE/CAE/CPE) with an overall score on the Cambridge English Scale of 176 with no language skill less than 169, with test results within the last two years
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years
- Fanshawe College ESL4/GAP5 students: Minimum grade of 80% in
ESL4/GAP5 Level 9 or 75% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 10
Recommended Academic PreparationIt is highly recommended that students be proficient in the following areas before entry into the program:
- Business Communication � oral and written
- Computer applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and
Applicant Selection Criteria
Where the number of eligible applicants exceeds the available
spaces in the program, the Applicant Selection Criteria will
- Preference for Permanent Residents of Ontario
- Receipt of Application by February 1st (After this date, Fanshawe College will consider applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full)
- Achievement in the Admission Requirements
Careers - 2021/2022
Career OpportunitiesGraduates of this program will possess in-demand skills that are desirable across all employment sectors and that enhance graduates� advancement potential. In particular, career opportunities exist in the following fields: business, finance, health care, information technology, management, government and non-profit. Job titles may include digital communication specialist, social media manager, social media strategist, and digital media manager.
More Information - 2021/2022
Campus Code: LC (LC - London)
15 week terms
Academic Calendars available at www.fanshawec.ca/academicdates
ContactSchool of Contemporary Media: 519-452-4227
Digital Communication Management is a two-semester Ontario College Graduate Certificate program that is intended to prepare students to deliver messages in today�s increasingly connected media environment. It is designed for students who want to expand their skills in the production and management of social media, media communications, video and audio production, photography, web and digital design.
Graduates will be able to leverage these skills in content
strategy and curation, as well as user experience and design to
develop significant opportunities for employment in almost any
sector that wishes to engage or educate an audience.
For information about Program Pathways visit www.fanshawec.ca/programpathways.
Program DetailsMore details
2021/2022 academic year: Refer to the More Info tab to view offerings for the 2021/22 academic year. Canadian students can start applying in early October for programs with Sep. 2021, Jan. 2022 and May 2022 start dates through ontariocolleges.ca.
- Fanshawe's St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus encourages adult learners to consider educational options this fall.
- The Board of Governors of Fanshawe College is seeking applications for membership to fill three vacancies on the Board commencing September 1, 2021.