- When leaving any college building, try to walk to your destination with someone you know and trust. Remember, you can use one of our security personnel to escort you.
- If you think you are being followed change direction abruptly. If you still feel uncomfortable seek an area where there are other people or find an Emergency Phone and alert security.
- If you must walk alone, walk with confidence, head up, always alert and shoulders back. Make eye contact with anyone you may be suspicious of; anyone with honest intentions will not be offended by your cautious actions. Let others know that you are aware of their presence.
- Trust your instincts. If something or someone makes you feel uneasy, get out of or away from the situation.
- Travel only in well-lit areas. Do not take shortcuts through vacant, wooded or dark areas. These are areas that may leave you more vulnerable.
- Tell a roommate, friend or family member where and when you are going, as well as when you expect to return.
- If you feel threatened, create a scene to attract attention. Do not be afraid of embarrassment. It should be your last concern when you are in a dangerous situation.
- Carry your car or house keys in your hand, have them ready, do not fumble in your purse/pocket.
- Park in a well-lit area as close to your destination point as possible.
- Always be alert, because violence can and does happen!
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.