Fanshawe Stay Safe app's Work Alone feature:
The Work Alone feature on our Fanshawe Stay Safe app will automatically check in on you while working or studying alone and can automatically trigger a call to your emergency contact if you fail to check in at the allotted time.
How it works:
- Download the Fanshawe Stay Safe App.
- Tap the Work Alone feature and register to sign up for Work Alone (or "Log in" if you've already registered).
- Once you've registered, you can tap "Start Work Alone Now", and fill in the required fields to start your Work Alone session.
- The app will send you a push notification, asking you to "Check in". If you check in to confirm you're OK, then the app will send you another push notification at the next specified time.
- If you fail to check in within a 10-minute period, the app will make an outbound call to your "designated contact" letting them know you've failed to check in.
- Otherwise, you continue to check in at the regular intervals, and the Work Alone ends at the designated time.
Work Alone service with no cellphone:
If you do not have a cellphone, please call the Security Control Centre at 519-452-4400 to set up our Campus Security Services' Work Alone service.
Contact Campus Security Services:
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.