Did you know that you have a home-away-from-home here at Fanshawe? It's true! Whether you're Status or Non-Status First Nations, Métis or Inuit, the Institute of Indigenous Learning is waiting to welcome you.
Here are a few of the things that Fanshawe's Institute of Indigenous Learning provides . . .
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff who can help you with academic or personal issues;
- Peer helpers and peer tutors;
- Cultural and spiritual support and activities, such as a Visiting Elder;
- A computer lab where you can do your homework or keep in touch with friends and family;
- A lounge and study area where you can socialize, study, or just relax;
- Lots of intramural sports teams and recreational activities.
You can also get involved with the First Nations Student Association, a group of students who are actively involved in directing the services and activities of the Institute of Indigenous Learning.
We're here to help you succeed!
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.