Fanshawe College strives to serve, support, nurture and celebrate the faith and spiritual well-being of all students. Spirituality can be represented in many ways and is an individual choice. In recognition of this, Fanshawe has allocated space for students to sit in quiet reflection as well as space for groups of students to connect with each other. The College may also host events offered by representatives from faith, cultural or spiritual organizations to support student engagement with the London and surrounding community. Such access will be granted upon approval from the Spiritual Services Advisory Committee. Students may also share their faith through one of a number of student clubs offered through the Fanshawe Student Union.
The Fanshawe Student Union club system includes a number of student-led groups that offer spiritual and cultural support. For a full list of clubs and their contact information, see www.fsu.ca/clubs.
The following facilities will be utilized to offer spiritual support at the London campus. Other locations at regional campuses or other locations at the London campus may be considered upon request.
- Student Wellness Centre:
- Two bookable quiet rooms for individual use;
- One small and one large bookable group rooms;
- Individual spiritual counselling room for the use of volunteer faith leaders when they are on campus.
- Faith and Spirituality Centre:
- Small bookable group room;
- Large bookable group room or drop in space.
- Spaces can be booked through the Student Wellness Centre.
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.