JumpStart Writing Workshop
Designed for students who have been accepted to Fanshawe College and want to prepare for college writing.
This workshop will focus on basic writing rules, structures, and styles. It will cover the following topics:
- Effective essay writing;
- Writing tips;
- Avoiding plagiarism.
JumpStart Active Learning and Study Skills Strategies
It is common for many college students to experience difficulties adjusting to the academic demands of being a student and Fanshawe College is committed to supporting your success! Sometimes study techniques previously utilized may not be as effective given the amount of course content and time constraints found in most college courses.
Workshop topics will include the following:
- Time Management Strategies;
- How to Effectively Read a Text Book;
- Listening and Note-Taking;
- Multiple Choice Test Taking Tips.
|Thursday, August 29, 2019||9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.||Active Learning and Study Skills Strategies||Room A1056|
|Thursday, August 29, 2019||1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.||Academic Writing Workshop||Room A1056|
Samantha at The Learning Centre, 519-452-4430 x4676.
Registration is limited.
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- Prospective students and their families are invited to experience Fanshawe virtually from their own homes.