Fanshawe College Virtual Café
Initiate career conversations through an online networking and mentoring platform powered by Ten Thousand Coffees.
To help students prepare for the future of work, RBC Future Launch and Ten Thousand Coffees have partnered to increase access to networking and mentoring for students at post-secondary institutions across Canada.
- You must be enrolled in one of the following areas: Business, Information Technology, Applied Science and Technology, Aviation Technology, Building Technology or Transportation Technology and Apprenticeship
- Expand your network by connecting with fellow students, alumni and industry professionals at various stages in their career
- Register the hours you connect with mentors as part of Build Your Own Experience with InSPIRE Mentoring for Co-Curricular Record recognition
- You are a Fanshawe alum and/or an industry professional from any industry and in any stage of your career
- Expand your network by connecting with students in Business, IT, Science, Aviation or Trades and Technology programs as well as other Fanshawe alumni and industry professionals
- Give back and engage virtually with students and your professional community while allowing for flexibility that accommodates your personal and professional commitments
- Have the opportunity to host Office Hours events where you can connect with a group of students and other Virtual Café members to discuss a topic of your choice
How does the Virtual Café work? What are the next steps?
- Read the Terms of Agreement below and join the Virtual Café
- The InSPIRE Mentoring Team approves Virtual Café join requests on a weekly basis
- Once approved, as a Virtual Cafe member, you will:
- Complete your profile including your program of study and/or industry, goals and interests
- Receive a monthly reminder email from the InSPIRE Mentoring Team 1-2 days before you receive your match introduction from Ten Thousand Coffees
- Receive a monthly custom-matched email introduction to another Café member based on your interests and goals, with suggestions for getting the conversation started
- Arrange a time to connect in a mutually agreed upon manner by messaging each other through the Virtual Café platform
- Connect to share information, advice and experience
- Receive a feedback request email from Ten Thousand Coffees shortly after your introduction
- Choose to turn on and off your introductions according to your monthly availability
- Receive an official LinkedIn certification to recognize your commitment to mentoring and networking
Questions? Contact the InSPiRE Mentoring Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re here to help!
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.