Build Your Own Experience (BYOE)
- Students can design a mentorship experience that aligns with their career goals by connecting with industry professionals in a casual format
- Experiences may include an informational interview, job shadow, virtual coffee chat, etc.
- Students identify their career development goals and log mentorship hours which are validated by the mentor and submitted to the ESES office for Co-Curricular Record approval
- Mentees must engage in a minimum of 10 hours of meaningful relationship building with industry professionals in their field of study
- A student may have as many mentors as they deem necessary to complete their hours and achieve their career development goals
- Industry professionals may choose to register their availability with the program and agree to be contacted by students for short mentorship experiences
- Students are encouraged to seek out their own industry contacts when building their own mentorship experience
Registration is now open for both mentors and mentees!
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.