Peer Mentorship Next Steps
- Complete the Peer Mentee registration form
- When registering, indicate your interest in receiving an individual match with a Peer Mentor and/or invitations to group mentorship events (InSPIRE Peer Chats, career development events and activities)
- The InSPIRE Mentoring Team processes Peer Mentee registrations on a weekly basis
- Those who have indicated interest in being matched with a Peer Mentor, will receive your introduction email within one week of the processing of your registration form
- Receive weekly check-in emails providing information about upcoming events and ways to connect with Peer Mentors and the InSPIRE Mentoring Team
- Those who are matched with a Peer Mentor arrange a time to connect to discuss the focus of your mentoring relationship using the “Mentorship Goals” worksheet for guidance
- You have completed at least level 2 of your program
- If you are interested in becoming a Peer Mentor, email email@example.com
- Peer Mentor applications are welcomed year round, however interviews are held during the summer months each year and the mandatory training session takes place in late August
- Receive weekly email communication from the InSPIRE Mentoring Team with opportunities to engage with mentees and other students and attend promotional and career development events
- Volunteer to participate in scheduled events to promote services available through InSPIRE Mentoring and the Employment and Student Entrepreneurial Services department
- Are matched with mentees based on program, school and interests whenever possible
- Initiate conversation with each of your mentees using @fanshaweonline.ca email within 48 hours of receiving the introduction email from the InSPIRE Mentoring Team
- Arrange initial meeting with your mentee at a mutually agreed upon time and format (virtual, email and phone meetings ONLY at this time)
- Connect with your mentee to discuss the personal and professional goals they identified in their “Mentorship Goals” worksheet
- Attend and host (if interested) group mentoring sessions called Peer Chats where any student at Fanshawe College can join to be part of the InSPIRE Mentoring community
- Maintain a record of your involvement in the program and submit your volunteer hours at the end of every term to receive Co-Curricular Record recognition (minimum of 10 hours)
- Participate in your own career development activities, training sessions and events
Questions? Contact the InSPIRE Mentoring Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.