Riipen is part of the Build Your Own Experience pillar of InSPIRE Mentoring. Through Riipen, you will gain hands-on experience, demonstrate skills and network with industry professionals by participating in challenges hosted by InSPIRE Mentors.
- You are in any level or program and want to engage in mentorship by participating in virtual career development challenges and activities
- Receive individualized feedback and the opportunity for other types of incentives as determined by each challenge host
- Build a virtual portfolio based on the skills developed through the challenges
- You are responsible for reviewing the guidelines for each challenge as well as the InSPIRE Mentoring Riipen Terms of Agreement
- Register the hours you are awarded for each challenge as part of Build Your Own Experience with InSPIRE Mentoring for Co-Curricular Record recognition
- You are an industry professional who is interested in mentoring through providing virtual career development challenges
- Provide individualized feedback to each mentee participating in the challenge with the option to award other types of incentives as well (e.g. 1:1 mentorship meeting, product/services/gift card, interview for future job opening, ticket to networking event etc.)
- Give back and engage with mentees while allowing for flexibility that accommodates your personal and professional commitments
- Create your own challenge or use one of the existing InSPIRE templates
- Interested in learning more about the Riipen platform and whether becoming a challenge host is right for you? Connect with the InSPIRE Mentoring Team at email@example.com
How does Riipen work? What are the mentee’s next steps?
- Read the InSPIRE Mentoring Riipen Terms of Agreement and complete the Build Your Own Experience registration form to be notified when Riipen challenges are available
- The InSPIRE Mentoring Team processes Riipen registrations on a weekly basis
- Receive a welcome email and the link to join the Fanshawe College Riipen platform within one week of the processing of your registration form
- Identify career development goals to help guide you in choosing skill challenges to complete
- Select a challenge hosted by either the InSPIRE Mentoring Team or an InSPIRE Mentoring Industry Mentor to participate in
- Challenges require between 1-8 hours to complete and focus on various career development related topics
- Develop skills and receive verified feedback from the InSPIRE Mentoring Team or InSPIRE Mentoring industry mentors
Questions? Contact the InSPiRE Mentoring Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.