Help make local issues #UNIGNORABLE
Your gift will help make local issues #UNIGNORABLE, enriching the lives of our friends, co-workers, students and neighbours and make a lasting difference for them and their families. Online giving and payroll deduction are now open for the 2019 United Way campaign.
Fanshawe's 2019 United Way campaign
Our annual campaign is driven by the goal to empower people in our communities to enjoy their lives to their fullest potential, no matter what the odds are. The funds support local agencies helping people right around the corner to overcome homelessness, poverty and barriers to education. We encourage everyone to work together in tackling these persistent, unignorable issues close to home, ensuring accessible supports for everyone in our communities.
Donate online and win big prizes in the Payroll Deduction Incentive Program!
Please use the appropriate link below to donate to the United Way:
- Fanshawe full-time employees: https://community.unitedwayem.ca/FanshaweFT
- Fanshawe part-time employees: https://community.unitedwayem.ca/FanshawePT
- Fanshawe retirees: https://community.unitedwayem.ca/FanshaweRetiree
- Fanshawe Student Union employees: https://community.unitedwayem.ca/FSU
- Fanshawe students, alumni and community friends: https://community.unitedwayem.ca/FanshaweCommunity
This year, we will once again offer a Payroll Deduction Incentive Program with monthly prize draws for employees who donate online. The first draw for the early bird prize will take place on October 15 – donate before then to be entered for your chance to win an Apple watch! For more details about the incentive program, please talk to the United Way Champion in your area or watch the portal for more information coming soon.
This year, please “Show Your Local Love” again and help to make our communities stronger.
We are excited to announce several ways to get involved this year, including some of our annual favourites:
- Chili cook-off – Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in F Hallway (London Campus);
- Paint night – Thursday, October 17, 2019, 5 to 8 p.m. in Forwell Hall (London Campus);
- Wheelbarrow of Wine – November 18 to 26, 2019, draw on November 27 (all campuses);
- *NEW THIS YEAR: Barrel of Whiskey – November 18 to 26, 2019, draw on November 27 (all campuses);
- *EXPANDED THIS YEAR: Everyday Hero peer-to-peer social fundraising challenge (all campuses);
- Online silent auction – December 2 to 13, 2019, (all campuses).
More special events will be posted to the myFanshawe portal in the coming weeks.
Fanshawe makes United Way history again!
College's highest-ever contribution tops triple-digits for ninth year in a row.
Fanshawe's United Way committee is proud to announce that you helped us achieve another remarkable United Way campaign in 2018. College staff, students, alumni and retirees showed their local love by contributing $115,012 in donations to the United Way!
This all-campus total, which reflects funds raised through payroll contributions, as well as fundraising events and student activities, was distributed to United Way agencies across each of Fanshawe's four campus communities in London, Woodstock, St. Thomas and Simcoe.
"It's always incredible to see the response to demonstrating the local love of our Fanshawe family to the needs of our community members," says campaign chair Michelle Giroux. "We're thrilled to help touch so many lives through the efforts of United Way sponsored agencies in our region. This kind of support is so important and makes such a powerful difference in the lives of our students, colleagues, friends and neighbours."
"I would like to acknowledge the help and support of this year's campaign committee, canvassing champions, volunteers and donors, along with our sponsored employee Maura Brisbane," Giroux says. "We also congratulate this year's Labour Appreciation Award winner Linda Davis and our highest fundraisers, the Lawrence Kinlin School of Business, including 'Champion of the Year' Marty Menard."