Facilities Management and Community Safety is responsible for providing a safe learning and working campus environment, consistent with the College's mission statement and cultural values and philosophies, through prudent strategic campus planning, diligent facilities design and construction and pragmatic facilities maintenance and operations.
Facilities Management and Community Safety, in consultation with Senior College Administration, develops and maintains the College's Strategic Campus Development Plan and ensures that it is consistent with the College's long term goals and objectives.
Facilities Management and Community Safety is also responsible for:
- Strategic space planning, assignment and inventory
- Property management including leasing, purchasing and selling property
- Negotiation and administration
- Utilities and energy management
- Fanshawe's Community Employment Services has received federal funding to provide the Career Launcher program in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Aylmer, Ontario.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Fanshawe College has made the difficult decision to defer all fall 2020 convocation ceremonies.