London, Ontario is a beautiful, vibrant city with a population of nearly 400,000. 45,000 college and university students study full time in London every year! Exchange students have the following accommodation options for their semester at Fanshawe College:
There is a limited number of residence rooms reserved for exchange students each semester. Exchange students are only committed to residence for the term they are at Fanshawe (approximately half the price listed). Students wishing to apply for residence must complete the international exchange student residence application form which will be sent to them with their Letter of Admission. It is recommended that students apply early as the rooms are on a first come, first served basis.
Fanshawe is partnered with Canada Homestay Network to match international students with local, Canadian families. Within the homestay network, there are multiple options based on the number of meals provided per day, for students to select from.
Exchange students can also arrange their own off-campus accommodation in private apartments if they wish. London has a wide selection of private accommodation options from apartment buildings targeted specifically for college/university students to rooms for rent in student houses to single and bachelor apartments.
When searching for an off-campus rental, be sure to consider:
- Lease duration requirements (8 or 12 month leases are most common)
- Furnished vs. unfurnished apartments
- Whether utilities and internet are included
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- Prospective students and their families are invited to experience Fanshawe virtually from their own homes.