No matter where you go or how long you stay there are many ways a study abroad experience will benefit you! Here are just some of the benefits of studying abroad:
Career Opportunities! International experiences are attractive to employers. You will develop many valuable skills which can be applied to your chosen field – adaptability, cross-cultural communication, new perspectives, problem solving and more.
- Broaden your education experience. A classroom in France does not look the same as a classroom at Fanshawe! You’ll have new projects, new lecture styles, and a new approach to learning.
- Appreciate new perspectives. How does an afternoon siesta fit into business negotiations in Spain? This immersive cultural experience will force you to consider ‘norms’ from a new point of view.
- Gain valuable cross-cultural communication skills. Learn about the different beliefs, customs, and ways of communicating in your new country.
- Learn or improve a second language. All of your classes will be taught in English but your grocery store experience might not be! Take an extra language class, join a Peer Friend program, or take advantage of your new country to practice.
- See the world and discover new interests. Very few exchange students spend their full 4 months in one country – take advantage of low cost flights, trains, boats, and buses and see how far you’ll go.
- Form lifelong friendships. You’ll meet local students and other exchange students from all over the world and share this wonderful experience with them.
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- Prospective students and their families are invited to experience Fanshawe virtually from their own homes.