Following recent updates from the Ministry of Colleges and Universities, Fanshawe has reaffirmed its plans for academic and student service delivery on campus and online this fall.
The College’s top priority remains the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and the communities it serves. Fanshawe will continue to follow public health guidelines on how to safely deliver exceptional learning experiences for its students. Plans for fall have been developed based on the successful blend of online and in person delivery used over the past year.
Fanshawe is expanding some face-to-face academic delivery and student services this fall in a responsible manner with smaller classes, hands-on labs and practical instruction in person. More than half of all classes will continue to be conducted online to limit the number of students on our campuses.
Fanshawe will continue to monitor local health guidance and adjust as needed, while following the safety protocols that have proven effective in limiting transmission throughout the pandemic. These include:
- 60 per cent of students will study fully online this fall, 35 per cent will study partly online with limited on campus activities and five per cent will work at co-op or other job placements;
- Reduced classroom occupancy with two metre distancing where feasible;
- Gradual return to campus for staff under a new flexible work policy which will reduce the number of staff working on campus on a daily basis;
- Mandatory COVID-19 online screening assessment each day before coming to the College. Faculty, campus security and College staff will be empowered to confirm students have completed the screening;
- Mandatory face coverings at all times in publicly accessible places such as hallways, academic labs and classrooms, reception areas, food services, etc.
Students living in residence and participating in varsity athletics will be required to show proof of vaccination. This decision allows students to enjoy experiences like the use of Residence lounges and common spaces and in-person social activities and for student athletes to interact with team members on buses, in hotel rooms and playing away games, as well as accessing shared locker rooms.
The College also continues to strongly encourage all students and staff to get fully vaccinated as soon as possible.
For more information about Fanshawe College, please visit Fanshawe's media contact page.