RDM at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College supports researchers in the management of their research data. We adhere to Canada’s proposed Tri-Agency Policy on Research Data Management:
"The agencies believe that research data collected with the use of public funds should be responsibly and effectively managed and belong, to the fullest extent possible, in the public domain and available for reuse by others"
"As publicly funded organizations, the agencies are strong advocates for making the results of the research they fund as accessible as possible. In promoting access to research results, they aspire to advance knowledge, avoid research duplication and encourage reuse, maximize research benefits to Canadians and showcase the accomplishments of Canadian researchers"
- To promote research excellence through the adoption of best practices in data management
- To evaluate current institutional capacity in the area of data management
- To identify supports and resources required to ensure research data stewardship
- To devise a plan to develop institutional capacity
- To ensure research data storage, retention and availability for access and reuse, where appropriate
- Publish your work in the FIRST institutional repository
RDM Activities to Date:
- “Managing your Research Data” Workshop - February 2020
- Faculty Focus Groups - June 2020
- Next Step: Assessment of Institutional Readiness – Fall 2020. (If you are interested in being involved in some way, contact email@example.com)
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.