Full time Summer 2021 course registration has ended. Fall 2021 course information to be posted soon.
You've registered and paid your tuition for the General Arts and Science program.
Now you can:
- Select your mandatory and elective courses.
- Register for your mandatory and elective courses and view your timetable.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact:
General Arts and Science program coordinator Chris Monteith, firstname.lastname@example.org
academic advisor: Bev Antone-Collar, email@example.com
Step 1: Select your mandatory and elective courses.
Choose your courses based on the course list.
- Writ-1030 or Writ-1034 in first semester*
- Comm-3073 in second semester
- SILEx course must be taken in the first or second semester
- In addition to the mandatory courses, students also require an additional 7 electives for the 1-year certificate or 17 electives for the 2-year diploma.
- Course offerings are subject to change term to term and are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students who place out of Writ-1030 after writing the Writ Assessment must either take Comm-3073 in their first semester or another elective. The Writ Assessment does not count as a course.
- Students who re-take a course will only get credit for the course once. We do try to always use the higher grade when students re-take a course. Students are responsible for making sure that they are aware of the courses they have taken in the past.
- *Only for students who intend/need to take MATH.* Until you take your MATH Assessment, you will only be able to register in MATH-3068. Please register in this course, and we will email and update your registration as your assessment is processed. See Step 3 for more information.
- Part time students can take 1-3 courses per semester.
Step 2: Register for your courses
Visit WebAdvisor to register for the courses you have selected (preferably using Express Registration) and view your timetable.
For instructions and more information, please visit our Course Selection page at www.fanshawec.ca/courseselection.
Step 3: Take the WRIT & MATH assessments
Reason & Writing (WRIT)
Most first-level students at Fanshawe College must take a Placement Assessment for the WRIT course. The evaluation of these assessment results allows us to assess your current writing skills and place you in the appropriate course.
Until your WRIT Assessment is processed, you will only be able to register in WRIT-1030. Please register in this course, and we will email and update your registration as your assessment is processed.
Only students taking MATH in General Arts & Science are required to take the MATH Placement Assessment. The evaluation of these assessment results allows us to assess your current math skills and place you in the appropriate course.
Until you take your MATH Assessment, you will only be able to register in MATH-3068. Please register in this course, and we will email and update your registration as your assessment is processed.
Each semester, once you've paid your fees, you will choose five of our elective courses. Run your EVAL (Program Evaluation Summary) via WebAdvisor (again) to view your timetable.
Questions or concerns?
If you have any questions regarding your courses or academic planning, contact one of the advisors listed above.