Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership
Take your education to the next level -
Bridge to the Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership degree
Steps to pursue this pathway
1. Students will need to first meet one of the following requirements:
- Students completing semester 4 of the Fanshawe ECE diploma program before the May start of the bridging semester who will have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Graduates of Ontario Colleges ECE programs who graduated with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
2. Students can apply for the bridging semester as follows:
- Fanshawe ECE grads may apply to the bridging semester of the Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership program (ECL1) by completing Fanshawe's Program Transfer Form. Below are important tips to help students complete the Program Transfer Form for entering the bridge term.
- Contact email@example.com at the Office of the Registrar for more information. The bridging semester is offered during the summer term. Students will enter level 5 of the ECL program in the fall term after completing the summer bridge.
- Non-Fanshawe applicants please apply via ontariocolleges.ca under Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership Degree Completion Ontario College Two-Year Diploma Grads.
3. Students will then need to successfully complete the four bridging courses during the May to August term:
- Two composite courses:
- Bridging Course #1 - Evidence Based Practice in Early Childhood
- Bridging Course #2 - Introduction to Early Childhood Leadership for a total of six credits
- PLUS Composition & Rhetoric from the Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership program
- PLUS one degree level breadth course elective (it is recommended that this be a subject other than an SOSC course)
4. Successful bridging students will enter Level 5 of the Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership degree in September.
Tips for Completing the Program Transfer Form (Fanshawe Graduates Only):
- Fanshawe's Program Transfer Form is available online.
- Log in using your Fanshawe College user ID and password (the same you use for FOL).
- Select Level 2+ on the first page of the form.
- Find the program code. Note: the Program Code and Name is alphabetized under ‘H’ for ‘ECL1 - Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership’
- Enter ‘Level 4’ and start month as ‘May’
- Select ‘summer’ for the term
- In the comments section enter the following note:
- For domestic students note “This application is for the bridge program for ECL1.4 LCB2” on the form. Indicate if you require the evening online section.
- For international students note “This application is for the bridge program for ECL1.4 LCIB2” on the form. Indicate if you require the evening online section.
- Agree to the acknowledgement question. The next screen confirms your information and then you submit the form to apply.
For More Information:
Please contact Sandra Lackenbauer, Program Coordinator.