Frequently Asked Questions - Fanshawe Alumni
How can I update my contact information with Fanshawe Alumni?
The easiest—and quickest—way to update your contact information is through the Fanshawe Alumni PERKS app.
- If you’re a registered PERKS member, simply log into your account and update the contact information in your profile.
- If you aren’t registered with PERKS, create an account and you’ll be given the opportunity to update your contact information as part of the registration process.
Not a PERKS member? If you’re not interested in registering for PERKS yet still want to update your information, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to update your record.
How can I get a Fanshawe Alumni card?
Once you’re a registered PERKS member and have downloaded the app, a digital copy of your Fanshawe Alumni Card is available on the app. Present this digital version of the card at the time of purchase to receive exclusive discounts.
Alternatively, if you’d like a printed copy, you can download and print on the PERKS website in the account settings.
I took a Fanshawe course in the past. Does this mean I’m eligible to access Fanshawe Alumni Perks?
No. In order to take advantage of Fanshawe Alumni Perks, you must be a Fanshawe graduate which means you’ve successfully completed a certificate, diploma, post-graduate or degree program.
How do I sign up for the Alumni Newsletter?
Every PERKS registrant is automatically signed up for our monthly electronic newsletter. If you’d like to receive the newsletter but don’t want to sign up for PERKS, you can request to be added to the distribution list by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m proud of my Fanshawe story. Is there a way I can share my experience with other alumni?
We always love hearing the stories from our incredible alumni. Visit our Alumni Stories site to share your story, nominate others to share their stories and view other alumni stories.
What benefits and services are available to Fanshawe alumni?
Where do we start?! Key benefits and services include:
- Fanshawe Alumni PERKS - As a Fanshawe grad, PERKS is your all-access pass to exclusive contests, savings on entertainment, travel, dining and more. Download the app or visit fanshawec.ca/PERKS for details.
- Career and Employment Services - Including access to job postings, career advising and career-related events.
- Free admission to all regular season Fanshawe Athletics games - Simply show your Fanshawe Alumni PERKS card at game entrance.
- Exclusive invites to Alumni events - Information about future events will be shared via our social channels and our monthly E-lumni newsletter
Do Alumni have access to Conference Facilities?
Absolutely. See the Conferences page for details.
As a Fanshawe alum, are there any volunteer opportunities I can take part in to give back to my alma mater?
Yes. There are two key ways our alumni offer the gift of their time:
- Mentoring a Fanshawe student – The Larry Myny Industry Mentorship program offers passionate alumni the opportunity to make a difference in students’ lives as they prepare for their careers. The program supports students in their graduating year to make connections with their industry by formally matching them with a working professional in their field. The program includes a 10-hour annual commitment starting in September. Learn more and become a mentor.
- Volunteering on the Alumni Association Board of Directors – Our Board is comprised of respected and accomplished graduates who have completed a Fanshawe certificate, diploma, post-graduate or degree program and are committed to providing support and recognition for Fanshawe College, its students and alumni. Click here to learn more.
How can I give to Fanshawe College to ensure the future of my alma mater remains strong?
Many alumni choose to give back to Fanshawe with financial gifts. Our crowdfunding platform, FanshaweFunder, makes it easy for our alumni and the Fanshawe community to make donations to causes close to their hearts. Campaigns focus on student experience and groups, athletics, faculty-specific initiatives and student awards and bursaries.
DONATE NOW and make a real impact on students’ lives and help ensure the future of Fanshawe remains strong.
I know of Fanshawe alumni who are doing amazing things within their careers and communities. Is there a way they can be formally recognized?
Yes. Each year, we honour seven of Fanshawe’s best and brightest at our Distinguished Alumni Awards. If you know a Fanshawe graduate who is deserving of recognition for achieving a high level of career success and/or is making a significant impact in the community, consider nominating them for a Distinguished Alumni Award
I would like to connect with an old classmate. Can you send me their contact information?
Due to privacy legislation, we cannot share contact information for anyone without their permission. Contact us at email@example.com and we’ll try and connect you if we are able.
Administrative, career and programming-related questions:
How can I get a copy of my Fanshawe diploma, transcript and/or course outlines?
I need career advice and access to job postings. Does Fanshawe Alumni help with this?
Where can I find information about part-time courses?
Fanshawe offers a range of flexible part-time programs and courses to suit our alumni’s lifestyles and academic goals - including options during the day, in the evening, over the weekend and even online. Click here to learn more.
How do I hire a graduate or student, or post a job?
Fanshawe’s Career and Employment Services staff help employers find students and alumni seeking part-time, seasonal and full-time employment. With more than 18,000 full-time students, they connect employers with capable candidates who have the education and experience needed to benefit organizations. See the “Services for Employers” link for details.
We always love hearing from our alumni, and there are many ways you can reach us. Feel free to email, mail or connect with us on social:
Fanshawe Alumni Association
1001 Fanshawe College Boulevard, P.O. Box 7005, Room K1003
London, ON, N5Y 5R6