Summer 2022 Course Registration
Spring 2022 course registration begins at 12:01am on Wednesday, April 6 2022.
You've registered and paid your tuition for the General Arts and Science program.
Now you can:
- Select your mandatory and elective courses.
- Register for your mandatory and elective courses and view your timetable.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact:
General Arts and Science program coordinator Chris Monteith, firstname.lastname@example.org
academic advisor: Bev Antone-Collar, email@example.com
How to Register
Step 1: Select your mandatory and elective courses
- Choose your courses based on the course list
- Writ-1030 or Writ-1034 in first semester
- Comm-3073 in second semester
- SILEx course must be taken in the first or second semester
- In addition to the mandatory courses, students also require an additional 7 electives for the 1-year certificate or 17 electives for the 2-year diploma.
Step 2: Register for your courses
- Visit the elective course list
- Record the course subject (example: PSYC), course number (example: 1007) and section number (example: 60) and the term (20F) of the course you are interested in taking.
- Webadvisor and this document do NOT remove courses that are already full and closed for registration.
- Some course offerings are compressed. Pay attention to the delivery dates.
- Go to WebAdvisor. Log in to your Student account. Select, Express Registration.
- Using the information recorded in Step 2, scroll through the menu to select the subject (this is not your program!), then enter the course number, section number and term.
- Click Continue.
- IMPORTANT STEP - On the next screen, choose Register from the action drop-down box.
- IMPORTANT STEP - Click Continue.
- If the course is full, you will receive an error message across the top of your screen. You must try another course.
- Please confirm your registration was successful by checking your Course Schedule Grid Layout (under the Student menu tab). If you registered correctly, your General Education Elective will appear there.
Step 3: Take the WRIT & MATH assessments
The WRIT assessment evaluates your current writing skills to place you in the appropriate course.
Until your WRIT Assessment is processed, you will only be able to register in WRIT-1030 . Please register in this course, and we will email and update your registration as your assessment is processed.
Only students taking MATH in General Arts & Science are required to take the MATH Placement Assessment. The evaluation of these assessment results allows us to assess your current math skills and place you in the appropriate course.
Until you take your MATH Assessment, you will only be able to register in MATH-3068. Please register in this course, and we will email and update your registration as your assessment is processed.
Please contact Chris Monteith firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the assessment.
More FAQs on GAP1 program page
Where and when do I get my timetable?
After you have completed your registration form and paid your fees, you will need to complete your online registration. Your timetable will be on WebAdvisor after course enrollment.
I have a learning disability and/or I suspect that I do. What should I do?
Students with a disability (Learning, Medical, Psychological, Deaf, Hard of Hearing, Blind, Low Vision, Mobility, Physical, and Brain Injury) can register with Accessibility Services to receive all of their services including test accommodations. Students must register early in order to allow time for accommodations to be in place before school begins. Please visit the Accessibility Services in room F2010, visit their webpage, or call 519-452-4282 for more information.