In accordance with Ministry policy, the basic eligibility requirement for the entire Ontario College system is any one of the following:
- an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent; or
- mature student status, i.e. the student has reached the age of 19 years on or before the commencement of the program in which the student intends to enroll and has never graduated from a Secondary School; or
- any lesser minimum admission requirements as established by the College on a program-specific basis (e.g. an Adult Training program)
The College will consider applications from all eligible applicants, but admission to specific programs is subject to the program eligibility requirements and selection criteria as well as availability of places.
Where a contract or seat purchase arrangement is involved (e.g. Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE), international contracts, Apprentice Students, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) seat purchases, admission is restricted to applicants directed to the College by the agency involved.
Applicants with disabilities
Applicants who have a disability will be considered in accordance with Fanshawe College Policy A108, Admission of Students to College Diploma and Certificate Programs and the provisions of the Fanshawe College Policy A101, Accommodation of Applicants and Students with Disabilities. For further information, please contact our Accessibility Services office at 519-452-4282.
Applicants from outside Ontario
Applicants from outside Ontario who have attained an academic standing considered by the College to be equivalent to an OSSD will be considered for admission to the College. However, those programs which are considered to be "over-subscribed" are not open to non-Ontario residents. For information on programs, open to all applicants, visit our Open Programs page.
Applicants for whom English is a second language
Applications for admission from students for whom English is a second language will be considered in accordance with Fanshawe College Policy A108, Admission of Students to College Diploma and Certificate Programs. For information on English Language Requirements test scores, visit our English Language Requirements page
In accordance with the protocol approved by the Council of Presidents, an applicant may select up to three program choices at Fanshawe College. No preference will be given to the order in which the choices appear on the application. The College will give equal consideration to the program choices listed.
- Fanshawe's Community Employment Services has received federal funding to provide the Career Launcher program in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Aylmer, Ontario.
- Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Fanshawe College has made the difficult decision to defer all fall 2020 convocation ceremonies.