FAQ for students
What services are available and where are you located?
Career Services helps students become job ready through workshops, one-to-one appointments, duty days, events, job board, InterviewStream and FanshaweOnline (FOL). We are located in Room D1063 at the Fanshawe College Blvd. campus.
What workshops are offered and how do I register?
We offer workshops on resumé development, cover letters and references, job search strategies, LinkedIn profiles and more. Students are able to register to attend these workshops through FOL or stop by Room D1063.
Who is my Career Consultant and how do I make an appointment?
Career Consultants are responsible for specific schools. To find out who your consultant is, please check out your Career course on FOL, visit the Career Services Contacts web page or stop by Room D1063. You can make an appointment to meet with your consultant through our office, Room D1063, or by emailing your consultant.
What are duty days and when are they?
Have a career question? Want to see someone face-to-face? A consultant is available in room D1063 Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. for a quick drop in. Come see us!
What type of events are held?
Events such as Resumania and Headshots, Ignite Conference, Career Fairs, Networking events and more!
How do I access the Fanshawe Career job board?
Log onto FOL, drop-down Resources tab and click on "Career, Co-op, Co-curricular" – this will take you to the job postings that employers post at Fanshawe.
How do students apply to on-campus jobs?
- Current Fanshawe students have access to our jobsite by going to FanshaweOnline, Resources drop-down, Career/Co-op/CCR option.
- In Career, Job Postings menu on the left, there are job postings (including On-campus job postings section).
- Each posting has description, requirements, and application procedure as well.
- Check Fanshawe Student Union postings at: https://www.fsu.ca/jobs
- To apply, follow the steps in application procedure of each job posting.