The career training you want and flexibility you need
MyPath programs are new highly-flexible, modular certificate programs designed for adult students seeking short-term, career-specific training options. Each program has multiple intakes throughout the year, meaning new MyPath students may begin their studies approximately every six to eight weeks. Courses are offered as six-week learning modules and students can complete one, two or three modules toward one of four certificates.
Food Service Worker | Clinton
This certificate program will provide students with the skills and abilities required to perform effectively in institutional food preparation settings, whether in hospital or long-term facilities. Students will proceed through the academic portion of the program to food preparation and service, nutrition and sanitary practices in the workplace. The program includes a mandatory field placement (80 hours) for individuals in a hospital or long-term care setting. This program meets Ministry of Long Term Care Act. Students are required to have a health form completed by their physician, First Aid and CPR certification and a negative police clearance.
- Customer Service & Communication Skills
- Role of the Food Service Worker
- Food Preparation & Service
- Nutrition Throughout the Lifecycle
- Special Diets
- Field Placement-Food Service Worker
Health Care Office Assistant | Clinton
This program is designed to provide graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to excel as a clerk, assistant or receptionist in a variety of health care facilites including hospital units, doctors' offices and clinics.
- Microsoft Office Essentials
- Medical Terminology & Anatomy
- Processing of Physicians' Orders
- Patient Preparation in Health Care
- Computerized Billing
- Professional Communication
- Organizational Skills
- Medical Transcription
- Electronic Patient Records
Professional Office Essentials | Kincardine
This certificate program will provide students with the skills and abilities required to perform effectively in an office environment. Computer applications, customer service and office procedures are the focus of this program.
- Window File Management
- Accounting Basics
- Customer Relations
- Emerging Office Technologies
- Marketing & Social Media
- Job Search Strategies & Career Development
- Office Simulation
Project Management | Kincardine
Project Management improves your ability to implement mission critical work on time and on budget. Considered the cornerstone in any organization, Project Managers are highly sought after in a wide range of industries including; health care, government, education, manufacturing transportation & IT. Study the competencies required to move a business opportunity through conceptualization, initiation, planning, execution, control, and closing, ensuring success.
- Project Management
- Organizing the Project Management Team
- Project Management Cost & Procurement
- Project Risk Management
- Ethical Issues in Business
Plus two of the following:
- Organizational Business Communication
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Art of Negotiation
- Quality Assurance Program & Techniques
- Project Management Scheduling Software
- Price includes books
- Students are eligible to apply for the Continuing Education (CE) bursary, which will provide funding assistance to those that qualify
- Courses not eligible for OSAP
Contact us to learn more
We have dedicated MyPath staff to personally help you through every step of learning about our programs, registration and getting ready for classes. Contact Heather to get started today!