Going to college is a big step, which is why it’s important to do your research to make sure you’re making the right decision. At Fanshawe, we want to give you the most information we can before you begin your application. If you would like information about our admission process and our programs and the careers they lead to, you can speak with an Admissions and Pathways Advisor.
Endless Program Possibilities
A college education is about rolling up your sleeves and getting job-ready. Our programs provide experiential learning opportunities and industry connections that will help you hit the ground running after graduation.
- With over 200+ programs and pathways, we’re confident there is something right for you. You can also check out our Open Programs page to see which ones have seats available.
- Not sure which program to take? Take our Pathfinder assessment to help determine which programs best match your interests and strengths.
EXPLORE OUR SERVICES
Fanshawe’s Career Coach
What is the job market like for your chosen program? Explore current job listings and job market trends with Fanshawe's Career Coach. You can also see how many previous Fanshawe grads got jobs by looking at last year's graduate employment report.
Community Employment Services
Feel like you could benefit from some additional one-on-one Career Exploration? Contact one of our Employment Consultants at Community Employment Services at no cost to you. This service is funded through Employment Ontario.
Consider Your Academic Preparedness
What are your academic strengths? What subjects did you enjoy most in high school? Compare these with each program's admission requirements.
- How is your math? Math is the foundation of many college programs.Take our math assessment to see what level you are at and if you need upgrading.
- Missing admission requirements? Fanshawe offers academic upgrading.
The College Application Process
- Fanshawe uses the Ontario Colleges Application Service (OCAS) for all domestic certificate, diploma and degree applications. Visit their website for full instructions and a video on how to apply. For help with your application, please contact OCAS at 1-888-892-2228.
- Fanshawe uses the Virtual Administration System (VAS) for all international admissions.
- Are you an applicant to one of our collaborative degree programs? Please apply through ouac.ca.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
The College Selection Process
For the majority of our programs, applicants who apply by the equal consideration deadline of February 1 and who meet the admission requirements are admitted.
- Equal Consideration Deadline: We do not make admissions decisions for September, January, March or May start dates until after February 1 each year. Up until this deadline, all applications are considered on an equal basis. After February 1, we admit qualified applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until programs are full.
- Meeting the admission requirements: Applicants can use high school courses, college or university courses, ACE courses and/or courses done through adult education/academic upgrading to meet the admission requirements.
- The Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities requires that each Ontario College applicant submit a high school transcript regardless of how many years have passed since graduation or which country the high school was located.
- Mature Applicants: Applicants over the age of 19 who do not have a high school diploma are considered mature applicants. To be admitted as a mature applicant, you do not need a high school diploma, but you must have the courses listed in the admission requirements. Learn more about mature applicants.
- You can apply to Fanshawe College without having completed all of the admission requirements; simply send us proof of enrollment in any courses you are taking for admission requirements purposes. Fanshawe must receive a final mark for required admission courses three weeks prior to the start of classes.
- Competitive programs: A small number of our programs are competitive. This means we have more qualified applications than available seats. Selection of applicants to competitive programs is done using a point system. Points are awarded for grades earned in courses listed as admission requirements (usually high school courses) and the last 12 college or university courses taken. Special consideration (extra points) is awarded to applicants currently enrolled in Fanshawe College Preparatory programs. Find all competitive programs.
Ready to apply to Fanshawe?
We’re here to walk you through the process! How you apply will depend on what type of program or credential you have chosen to study.
HOW TO APPLY BY TYPE OF PROGRAM
Full-time College Program:
- Domestic student applications: Ontario Colleges Application Service (OCAS)
- International student applications: Virtual Admission System (VAS)
- Apply by the equal consideration deadline of February 1. Competitive programs will stop accepting applications after this deadline; other programs accept applications until filled.
- What programs are available now? Visit the Open Programs page to find out.
Full-time College/University Collaborative Program:
- We offer the following collaborative degrees with Western University: Nursing and Music Recording Arts.
- Domestic and international student applications: ouac.ca
- Apply by February 15
- You do not apply for an apprenticeship program. You need to secure a job first, and then your employer signs you up for an apprenticeship program. Community Employment Services at Fanshawe can help you find employment.
- Job applications taken year round.
Learn More about Apprenticeships
Part-time Continuing Education (CE) Courses:
- Course registrations are accepted until the first day of class, but register early! Most courses start the first week of September, January, and May.
Part-time Post-Secondary Program:
Fanshawe offers the flexibility of taking some of our certificate, diploma and graduate certificate programs part-time. Explore all available part-time post secondary programs.
- Do you wish to only take part-time post-secondary courses (and not a whole program)? Sign up three to four weeks before the start of term for individual courses that happen in person. Contact the Program Coordinator of the program in which you wish to study part-time.
Academic Upgrading Program:
Missing admission requirements for one of our programs? You can take courses at Fanshawe to upgrade your education.
- Academic Upgrading Services
- Academic & Career Entrance (ACE) certificate
- Science and Math upgrading through Continuing Education
Log in to WebAdvisor to see your offer(s). Do you have an offer of admission to a program but it's not your first choice? Have you been offered a spot on the waitlist for your program? You can still accept an offer of admission waiting for another offer of admission or while you are on a waitlist! Say yes to your waitlist offer on WebAdvisor.
Welcome Future Falcon!
To accept your offer of admission as a domestic student, visit ontariocolleges.ca (OCAS) to accept your offer by the deadline. Accept your offer and learn about the next steps you’ll need to complete before your first day of classes.