Fall 2023 intake
Are you missing a grade 12 English requirement?
If you are ineligible for a program because you are missing an English requirement, the English Equivalency Assessment may be for you. Although achieving a passing grade on this assessment will not provide you with an English credit, it can help you gain admission to an open program at Fanshawe College. We offer English Equivalency Assessments for the following high school course:
- 12C College Preparation English (ENG4C).
You will write an essay in response to a short reading (called a prompt). The essay will be handwritten. You will have 50 minutes to read the prompt and write the essay. Please do your best work. Follow the instructions carefully.
How It Works
- Book your assessment by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-452-4442
- When you have completed your supervised English Equivalency Assessment, your results will be sent to Admissions, and you will be contacted regarding your next steps.
The last date to take the English Equivalency Assessment is August 23, 2023 in order for you to be admitted to the Fall 2023 term.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I live near a regional campus, can I write the Assessment there?
Yes, please call the appropriate office for an appointment.
- Simcoe/Norfolk Regional Campus: 519-426-8260
- St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus: 519-633-2030
- Woodstock/Oxford Regional Campus: 519-421-0144
- Huron/Bruce Regional Sites: 519-452-4430 x6545
How long is the English Equivalency Assessment?
You will have 50 minutes to complete the supervised English Equivalency Assessment in the Test Centre.
What is the format of the English Equivalency Assessment?
The assessment is handwritten and completed in our Test Centre.
How many attempts do I get on the English Equivalency Assessment?
You will get only one attempt on the supervised English Equivalency Assessment.
What should I bring with me to write the test?
- Valid, government-issued photo identification.
- Blue or black-ink pen.
What if I require accommodations to write the English Equivalency Assessment?
If you have an identified disability, accommodations can be arranged when you book your English Equivalency Assessment with Lorrie by phone at 519-452-4430 x4947 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
How will I know if I passed the English Equivalency Assessment?
You will get your grade immediately upon completion of the English Equivalency Assessment. This grade will automatically be sent to Admissions, and you will be contacted regarding your next steps.