What are Ancillary Fees?
Ancillary Fees are fees which students pay in addition to tuition fees and are established following the guidelines of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. They could include the following:
- Student support - This fee provides student support with bursary and scholarship applications, student appeals preparation and appeal meeting support, Ombudsperson service, housing mediation services, used book buy-back and purchase service, and peer tutors.
- Technology Fee - This fee provides enhanced technology to support academic programming and learning.
- Student Campus Improvement Fee - Provides funds to support projects that will improve student life and learning on campus.
Athletics & Recreation
- Recreation programming - This fee provides recreation programming for all students and includes access and overhead to operate recreation facilities, and coordinated student events.
- Wellness programming - This fee provides wellness programing such as exam preparation support, mental health awareness and support activities, nutrition workshops and events.
- Wellness Centre Universal Fee - This fee provides access to the Student Wellness Centre facility. London students only.
- Athletics Fee - This fee supports campus recreation, wellness activities and intramural, recreational and varsity sports programs. London students only.
- Campus Safety - This fee supports programs and services that promote on-campus safety services such as campus walk safe programs and sexual violence prevention services.
- Career Services - This fee supports career related services such as career counseling information sessions, job fairs, job boards and job placement support and LEAP junction entrepreneurial operations and services.
- Wellness Centre Building Fee - This fee pays for student union contribution to capital cost of the facility.
- Student Centre Building Fee - This fee is used to pay for the cost of the Student Centre. London Campus only.
- Student Building Operations - Direct costs of utilities and waste management, maintenance and operating costs to operate the Student Union Buildings.
Student Transit Passes
- London Transit Commission bus pass - This fee is paid by London students only. This fee is invoiced to a maximum of two terms per academic year.
Health & Counselling
- Health Services Fee - This fee provides enhancements and improvements targeting mental health and support services. London students only.
- International Health Insurance Fee - This fee provides OHIP equivalent and Health/Dental plan for International students.
- Student Achievement and Records - Costs associated with services such as transcripts, replacement receipts, verification forms and letters, graduation ceremony and immigration letters, etc.
Other Student Ancillary Fees
- Fanshawe College Student Union Membership - Benefits of membership include eligibility to seek election for director or officer of the student union. FSU executive team guides FSU strategy and initiatives. Specialized service access such as legal aid support, member-based services and activities.
- Student Clubs - This fee allows students to participate and enjoy the benefits of comprehensive club activities on campus. Types of clubs include Cultural, Religious, Diversity and Academic focus.
- Health and Dental Plans - Domestic Student Health and Dental Plan. Opt-out of the plan is provided to students each academic year – proof of alternate coverage required to opt-out of the plan.
- Alumni Fee - Benefits of membership include continued networking and access to Alumni benefits and services provided to all of our Alumni.
- FANCard Fee - This fee covers the cost of your initial, official Fanshawe identification card and the setup of associated services. There is a replacement cost for lost or damaged cards.