In today’s global marketplace, there is an increasing demand for skilled trades. Our skilled trade and apprenticeship training provides you with the in-school and hands-on experience you need to become a successful tradesperson. At Fanshawe, we pride ourselves in providing many academic pathways to ensure our students are able to achieve their goals.
- Skilled trades are for people who enjoy working with their hands and seeing their passion come to life. There are 156 skilled trades in Ontario in four sectors: Construction, Industrial, Motive Power and Service.
- Apprenticeships are employment-based training for people seeking a career in a skilled trade. Apprentices are paid while they work and their wages increase as they progress through their apprenticeship training.
- 40+ skilled trade and apprenticeship programs offered
- Small class sizes and hands-on learning
- Workplace-based training with experienced skilled trade workers
- Full-time, part-time, block release, day release or online delivery
- Academic pathways that lead to apprenticeship