Applying for part-time post-secondary Courses
Accept your offer before applying for courses
Before selecting courses, you need to apply, have your transcripts assessed and be offered admission. Depending on the time it takes to receive your transcripts, this process may take as few as four days. Accept your offer of admission at ontariocolleges.ca.
|Fall 2023||Winter 2024||Summer 2024|
|Registration opens||July 31, 2023||December 5, 2023||March 26, 2024|
|$250 non-refundable deposit due||Upon registration (pay immediately after)*|
|Term start date||September 5, 2023||January 3, 2024||May 6, 2024|
|Registration closes (10th day of term)||September 18, 2023||January 16, 2024||May 17, 2024|
|Due date for balance of fees (10th day of term)||September 18, 2023||January 16, 2024||May 17, 2024|
*Please use a credit card to make a payment on WebAdvisor immediately after registration. If you do not have a credit card, you can pay at your bank (in person or online) using bill payments (Fanshawe College is payee and your student ID number is your account number).
How to register for courses
You can download this PDF for detailed instructions on using webadvisor to register for courses.
- Review the course requirements and availability for your program. Choose your courses early for the best selection!
- In WebAdvisor, select My Progress to review and confirm the courses you need to complete your program. Don't forget to review your General Education requirements (one General Education elective course is equal to 3 credits).
- In WebAdvisor, follow the registration steps by using:
- Express Registration if you know the course, section and term of the course(s) you have chosen;
- Search and Register for Courses if you only have one piece of information about your course;
- Register and Drop Sections if you want to drop a course you previously registered in using WebAdvisor, or to complete a course selection for a course you previously viewed.
NOTE: Your selection is not complete until the course appears (or is removed) from your timetable and My Progress on WebAdvisor. You can only drop courses that were selected using WebAdvisor. For assistance with other courses, please refer to your School office.
TIP: Having trouble with the process? Read the 'Help' section at the top of each page for more information.
How to drop a course or withdraw from your program
To drop individual courses (before the 10th day of the term):
- Go to WebAdvisor.
- Click 'Register and Drop Courses' and follow the steps to make your changes.
To drop individual courses (after the 10th day of the term):
- Contact the SIS designate in your school office. They can provide you with a verification form and drop the course for you.
- School of Community Studies: Kim Van Ulzen
- School of Design: Michelle Lundy
- School of Information Technology: Debbie Harrington
- Lawrence Kinlin School of Business: Simran Sharma or Irma Ferhatovic
- School of Language and Liberal Studies: Annette Padyk
- School of Nursing: Donna Siroen
- School of Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary Arts: Lisa Monteith (Note: 5th day as courses are only 7 weeks)
To withdraw from your entire program, please complete the withdrawal form at forms.fanshawec.ca/withdrawalform.
- Academic Advising is available in your program office. Please make an appointment with your Program Coordinator or Student Success Advisor if you need assistance.
How to access your online course(s)
If you have questions about learning online, please contact your school's eLearning coordinator.
Please note that the course materials will be available on the first day of class via the learning management system at www.fanshaweonline.ca.
Visit www.fanshawec.ca/onlinetools to learn more about how to use FanshaweOnline (FOL) and WebAdvisor.
How to take a term off or come back after a term off
If you wish to take a semester off, simply do not register in courses.
When you wish to resume your studies again, complete the Re-Admission/Program Transfer form clearly indicating in the notes section that you want to be put back in your Part-Time Online program and for which term. You will not need to reapply through OntarioColleges.ca.
How to apply to graduate
Congratulations on completing your program! Please fill out the application to graduate and send it to your division contact below:
- School of Community Studies & School of Nursing: Michelle Prestwich
- School of Design: Michele Halle-Shook
- School of Information Technology: Annalisa Minniti
- Lawrence Kinlin School of Business: Katrina Padyk
- School of Language and Liberal Studies: Madeline Bassant
- School of Tourism, Hospitality & Culinary Arts: Michele Halle-Shook
- General Arts & Science Programs: Bev Antone-Collar
Course Sequences for Part-time Programs
Online Student Success
We want to help you succeed. If you choose to study a program online, check out our online learning page for helpful information, or visit amiready.ca to assess your online learning readiness. If you have program/course-specific questions, please contact your Student Success Advisor for help.