Before you start classes, you must complete your “post-admissions requirements”. These are things you MUST do in order to be allowed to attend your first class. Failure to complete your post-admissions requirements could mean you will be asked to withdraw from the program and apply again for the next intake.
In general there are four types of post-admission requirements. However, each applicant has different post admission requirements. Check out this complete list by program.
- Admission conditions. These are not really post-admission requirements as you should have all of your admission conditions met in order to keep your offer of admission.
- See “understanding your decision letter” for a complete explanation of admissions conditions.
- The WRIT Assessment. This is a 50 minute assessment which allows us to assess your current writing skills and place you in the appropriate course.
- Preparation for clinical placement. This is a series of items related to a field or clinical placement in the Schools of Community Studies, Health Sciences or Nursing.
- Mandatory Laptop purchases. A number of our programs require students to purchase a laptop with certain specifications.
- My Fanshawe Checklist - understand the big picture, check out this list of everything you need to do from considering Fanshawe College to finishing your first week of classes.
Complete list by program:
- Fanshawe College’s special constables, who provide security services on campus, are now carrying naloxone kits.
- Essential Skills for Truck Drivers is free to eligible participants and provides a solid understanding of safety, legislation, procedures and standards used in the Ontario trucking industry.