Orientation day is an introduction to your program and the services you can access to support your student journey. All students starting a new program are required to attend! It’s a memorable day and comes at no extra charge, so we hope to see you there!
Important program-related information will be shared during your Program Orientation session that is unique to each program. Information on the time and location of your program orientation can be found on our orientation schedule page.
On Orientation day, we recommend that you plan to first attend your Program Orientation session, then participate in other orientation activities. If your Program Orientation is scheduled for the afternoon, visit your campus early to find the location of your session then attend other activities until your orientation begins.
Student Orientation Events
After your Program Orientation learn about the services available to you as a student so you can understand how to take advantage of them throughout your program.
|EVENT||TIME & LOCATION||REGISTRATION|
|FanshaweOnline Orientation Sessions||9 a.m., 11 a.m., 1 p.m. – all virtual||Register on Eventbrite|
|Student Services Fair||10-2 p.m. – Glenn Johnston Athletics Centre, J Gyms 1 and 2||Not Required|
|Military Connected Campus||11-12 p.m. – virtual|
|Poutine Bar & Hot Chocolate||10-3 p.m. – Oasis||Not Required|
|FSU Fun Zone||10-2 p.m. – Student Centre||Not Required|
|President’s Welcome||1:30-2 p.m. – Glenn Johnston Athletics Centre, J Gyms 1 and 2||Not Required|
|Academic Integrity Interactive Session||3:15-3:45 p.m. – Alumni Lecture Theatre, D1060||Register on Eventbrite|
|Co-op Student Orientation||4-5 p.m. – Alumni Lecture Theatre, D1060
(will also be live streamed via Zoom)
|Register on Eventbrite|
|Part-time Studies Orientation Session||6-7 p.m. – virtual|
When is Orientation?
If you’re starting a program in January, your Orientation Day is Wednesday, January 3, and your first official day of class is Thursday, January 4. You will follow your Thursday class schedule on January 4.
Where is my Orientation?
Your Program Orientation session will be held at the campus you are registered to attend. Time and room location details will be released in December. A notice will be sent to the personal email address on file when this information is available.
- Once the Program Orientation schedule is released, find your session details.
- Make note of the campus location of your program orientation session
- Clear your calendar to attend this full-day event
- Submit your FANCard photo online as far ahead of your Orientation day as you can. Find important information about how to pick-up your FANCard.
- Review your required course materials and consider ordering them online for delivery or pick-up.
- Check the Program Orientation Schedule again to confirm if the time or location of your session has been updated.
- Arrive at your campus 30 minutes ahead of your session start time. That will give you time to find the location of your session.
- Are you driving to orientation? Learn about parking options.
- Attend your program-specific orientation session.
- Explore orientation activities at your campus. Get to know staff, faculty and classmates!
- Consider attending events and activities at the London Campus location.)