What you need to write the assessment online
- Access to a computer with reliable internet access
- A webcam & microphone
- To have downloaded Respondus Lockdown Browser (link included below in Step 2)
To view the full technical specifications, please see system requirements for students.
How to write the assessment
Step 1: Confirm pre-registration in the WRIT Assessment Test Course
- If you do not know your Fanshawe username and password, then click here: get my FOL password.
- If you know your Fanshawe username and password, log in and check your list of courses on the FOL homepage. Confirm that you have access to “WRIT Assessment Test Course”.
- If you do not have access, you can self-register for the WRIT Assessment Test Course; click here: FOL self-registration courses.
- After you have logged in using the link above, select the WRIT Assessment Test Course and follow the prompts to pre-register in the course.
Step 2: Install Respondus Lockdown Browser
Here are a few resources that will orient you to the Respondus environment:
- Watch this video to find out how Respondus services work
- Review this link to the Student Quick Start Guide for using both Respondus Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor through FOL
- Review this link to FanshaweOnline's Help Guide
Respondus Monitor requires that the device that you use to complete your submission has Respondus Lockdown Browser activated.
Step 3: Complete your submission
- Ensure that you have a reliable and secure internet connection and a functioning webcam*
- Log into FanshaweOnline and navigate to the course: “WRIT Assessment Test Course”
- Click on “Start the Assessment” link on the course homepage
- Click the “Launch LockDown Browser” button
- Follow the instructions and complete the prompt
- Click the “Submit Quiz” button to submit your work
Do you require special accommodations? If you require any special accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please use the subject line “WRIT Accommodation” in your message.