Need help with your job search or training?
Welcome to Fanshawe's Community Career and Employment Services, serving the Norfolk County community. We provide FREE services to people needing help finding employment, employers recruiting new staff, adult learner upgrading programs, literacy programs, career preparedness workshops and more. Services are brought to you in partnership with Employment Ontario.
We are open and able to meet with you face-to-face or virtually. Contact us for an appointment:
Phone: 519-428-1135 x0
Are you ...
Looking for work?
If you're employed, underemployed or unemployed and looking for work, we have FREE services and staff available to assist you to achieve your goals:
- Job search assistance
- Job matching and placement support
- Career preparedness workshops
- Ministry-delivered programs (Apprenticeships, Career Launcher, Second Career and more)
Follow us on Facebook for up-to-date information on government funding, job fairs, workshop information and so much more.
In need of academic upgrading?
For an adult learner, often the hardest part of returning to school is taking the first step. At Fanshawe, we recognize and celebrate the initiative involved, and welcome the opportunity to assist individuals work towards their goals. We offer a range of FREE upgrading programs and services, including:
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate program, which is a College certificate recognized as equivalent to an OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) by community colleges for admission
- College preparation for adults
- Literacy and Basic Skills program
- GED prep
The training is personalized to assist you with your individualized goals, whether they are employment; apprenticeship; or post-secondary studies. For more information, contact Tracey McIntyre at 519-426-8260 x228 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
These programs are provided tuition-free with funding from the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Employment Centre
5 Queensway East - Unit 2, Simcoe ON N3Y 5K2
519-428-1135 x230 | 519-428-2602 (fax)
We’re here to help!
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.