Need help with your job search or training?
Welcome to Fanshawe's Community Career and Employment Services, serving the Norfolk County community. We provide FREE services to people needing help finding employment, employers recruiting new staff, adult learner upgrading programs, literacy programs, career preparedness workshops and more. Services are brought to you in partnership with Employment Ontario.
We are open and able to meet with you face-to-face or virtually. Contact us for an appointment:
Phone: 519-428-1135 x0
Are you ...
Looking for work?
If you're employed, underemployed or unemployed and looking for work, we have FREE services and staff available to assist you to achieve your goals:
- Job search assistance
- Job matching and placement support
- Career preparedness workshops
- Ministry-delivered programs (Apprenticeships, Career Launcher, Second Career and more)
Follow us on Facebook for up-to-date information on government funding, job fairs, workshop information and so much more.
In need of academic upgrading?
For an adult learner, often the hardest part of returning to school is taking the first step. At Fanshawe, we recognize and celebrate the initiative involved, and welcome the opportunity to assist individuals work towards their goals. We offer a range of FREE upgrading programs and services, including:
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate program, which is a College certificate recognized as equivalent to an OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) by community colleges for admission
- College preparation for adults
- Literacy and Basic Skills program
- GED prep
The training is personalized to assist you with your individualized goals, whether they are employment; apprenticeship; or post-secondary studies. For more information, contact Tracey McIntyre at 519-426-8260 x228 or email@example.com.
These programs are provided tuition-free with funding from the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities.
If you are an employer in Norfolk County, we provide the following FREE services:
- Identifying human resource skill requirements
- Assist with the creation and advertising of job postings
- Attract and recruit employees with the skills you need
- Arranging interviews and job fairs that work with your schedule
- Refer pre-screened candidates to meet your hiring needs
- Assisting with the development of on-the-job training plans
- Providing access to regulated health and safety training for you and your employees
- Access potential training incentives to offset onboarding costs
- Explain tax credits and grants available to employers who offer apprenticeships
- Assess eligibility for the Canada Ontario Job Grant program to offset the cost of training new and existing employees
For more information, contact us today!
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Employment Centre
5 Queensway East - Unit 2, Simcoe ON N3Y 5K2
519-428-1135 x0 | 519-428-2602 (fax)