Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Fanshawe Open House is Saturday, March 25 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in London, London Downtown, Clinton, Kincardine, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Woodstock and we’re here to offer you tips to make the most of it.
Before you go
- If you applied to Fanshawe you will receive your access pass in the mail; don’t forget to bring that with you to check into the event.
- If you didn’t receive an access pass in the mail, that’s okay! Head to openhouse.fanshawec.ca and register for the event. You’ll receive an email with an electronic ticket, and you will receive a physical pass when you arrive! Read through openhouse.fanshawec.ca to see what’s happening during Open House and plan what you want to see while you’re at Fanshawe.
- Share Open House with a friend or classmate and suggest they come too! Review our parking map to see where to park.
When you arrive
- Park your vehicle and take a picture of what’s near where you parked, it may help later.
- Check in at one of our main entrances to let us know you’ve arrived and be entered for a chance to win free tuition for a year.
- Pick up your Open House guide which includes a handy campus map.
- Keep an eye out for anyone in a red shirt. These folks are our amazing team ready to help you navigate the event, so ask them anything!
While you are at Fanshawe
- Visit your academic area to talk with faculty, staff and current students.
- Explore classrooms and lab spaces to get a better idea of what your learning experience will look like.
- Visit the Student Services Showcase in the Glenn Johnston Athletic Centre (J Gym 1 and 2) to learn about the student services that will enhance your college experience from mental health and accessibility support to campus recreation and esports to career services and so much more.
- Attend one, two or all of our live sessions in J Gym 3 including:
- This is Flexibility: Part-time studies at Fanshawe
- How to Pay for College
- This is Fanshawe: A student experience panel discussion
- Connecting Health & Wellness to Learning
- Next Steps: What to expect after you apply
- How Can Accessibility Services Help?
- Confirm your offer and receive a Falcon Awesome t-shirt as a special thank you! Visit the Confirmation Station in the Student Services Showcase.
- Meet other students who will be starting at Fanshawe at the Future Falcon Mixer from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Student Centre!
This is your chance to meet some of your future friends in person for the first time. Our student recruitment and Fanshawe Student Union teams will be on hand to help break the ice with some activities, conversation starters, beverages and snacks for you to enjoy!
After you leave
- If you did not get a chance while you were here, apply or CONFIRM YOUR OFFER of admission to Fanshawe!
- Stay connected with us! Join our Discord Server or First Year Instagram Group to connect with other incoming students and to stay on top of everything as you prepare to start college.
- Follow some of our other accounts on social media.
- Check that your email address is up-to-date in OCAS and WebAdvisor and add @fanshawec.ca to your email safe list so you don’t miss any information about summer orientation sessions or the start of the school year.