Congratulations on your offer of admission to Fanshawe!
You’ve made a great choice and you are one step closer to becoming a part of our Fanshawe family.
Follow these next steps so you are fully prepared for your first day of classes.
Are you an international student?
Connect with our International Centre to learn how to apply and secure your seat at Fanshawe College.
1. Say yes to Fanshawe
How to confirm your offer of admission
Visit to ontariocolleges.ca to accept your offer by the deadline.
Have you been offered a spot on the waitlist? Do you have an offer but it's not your first choice?
You can still accept an offer of admission while you are on a waitlist or waiting for another offer of admission. Say yes to your waitlist offer through your account on WebAdvisor.
2. Stay connected
Track your application through WebAdvisor
With WebAdvisor you can do more than just track your application – you can confirm your waitlist offer, find information about fees, class schedules and more!
Logging in to WebAdvisor:
Check your email
Watch for updates on your application, deadlines and events.
Some services such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and others may intercept our emails and store them under spam, junk mail or promotions. Please add fanshawec.ca to your email address book or safe senders list.
3. Admission conditions and post-admission requirements
Complete outstanding admission conditions
All offers are conditional until you meet the requirements due three weeks prior to the start of classes. Do we have proof that you completed all your required courses?
Login to WebAdvisor to see what is outstanding.
Complete post-admission requirements
See if your program has pre-placement conditions such as police record checks or health forms, or if it requires a laptop purchase.
4. Pay your deposit
Information about your $250 non-refundable deposit
Once you’ve confirmed your offer, make sure you pay attention to the fee payment deadline for your non-refundable deposit to secure your spot in the program.
Note: you must pay your deposit even if you are getting OSAP.
How to make a payment
- You can pay online by Visa or MasterCard at fanshawec.ca/webadvisor. We are unable to accept debit cards.
- Input $250.00 under “Pay on my Account”.
By online or telephone banking through all major financial institutions
- The payee is “Fanshawe College Tuition” and your account number is your seven-digit student number.
- Please note that your financial institution may take up to five (5) days to process your request.
If you are experiencing difficulties, please call us at 519-452-4277 to pay with a Visa or MasterCard credit card (we are unable to accept visa debit or Interac debit cards). Our phone centre is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Please note: As a result of COVID-19 service disruptions, in-person payments are not being accepted at this time.
5. Explore your financial needs
Plan ahead! Get an OSAP estimate
Use the OSAP Aid Estimator to help you plan ahead financially. Find out how much OSAP may go towards tuition and how much remains for other expenses.
Fanshawe College Student Access Guarantee (SAG)
Fanshawe works with the Government of Ontario to provide the Student Access Guarantee. Through SAG, Fanshawe ensures that qualified students receive enough non-repayable aid to cover their tuition, compulsory fees and books when these are above the usual range of costs covered by OSAP (Based on 2019/20 OSAP Guidelines).
Bursaries and scholarships
We offer over $5 million in bursaries and scholarships to help you pay for college. That’s money you don’t have to pay back, if selected! Learn more about the Bursaries and Scholarships available to you.
Entrance Scholarships and Bursaries
- Start by applying for our Entrance Bursary*. If you’re a first-time, full-time post-secondary student and can show financial need, you may be eligible for up to a $1,000 bursary!
- With over 20 different entrance scholarships valued from $500 - $10,000, there is something right for you. Apply at fanshawec.ca/entrance.
Need-based Bursary Assistance
- The Work-study Bursary* Program provides over 200 jobs every year. Students can earn up to $2,000 per term and up to $6,000 during the summer, plus gain valuable work experience and connections.
- The Fanshawe College Student Assistance Bursary* and many other donor-funded bursaries are also available for students.
*Subject to availability of funds
6. What's next
Register for your courses
For most Fanshawe programs, students are registered in their courses and given a class schedule, located on WebAdvisor, four to six weeks before classes begin.
To view your course listing, view your program page. Most students will have to take one or more General Education Electives as part of their program, with some required to register for a Gen Ed in the first semester.
- Students in the General Arts and Science program must choose and register for their courses online. View information on how to select and register for courses, or contact an Academic Advisor for assistance.
- Students in Business (BUS1) or Business (Co-op) (BUS2) can visit their program homepage on FanshaweOnline for instruction on how to select electives.
Learn how to use FanshaweOnline
FanshaweOnline (FOL) is our learning management system – the home of your courses. You’ll need to know how to navigate this tool.
Upload your photo for your FANCard
Once you are confirmed and have paid your non-refundable deposit, you may upload your photo for your FANCard.
Buy your textbooks and supplies
Find your program booklist and shop online at fanshaweretail.ca/course-materials.
Join our first-year at Fanshawe Facebook group to connect with other new students and get all of your questions answered in one place!
7. Attend orientation
Orientation day for the Fall 2021 semester
Attend your program orientation, learn about the many services available to you, explore your online learning tools and meet other faculty and students. Watch your email for more details and visit fanshawec.ca/orientation.
8. Welcome to Fanshawe!
Here for You
At Fanshawe, we care about your success. Whether online or on-campus, take advantage of the many student services available to you! Some supports we provide include:
- Advising Resources
- Accessibility Services
- Counselling Services
- Career, Co-op and Employment
Visit fanshawec.ca/hereforyou to learn more.
Successful online learning
Our online supports and resources will help guide you towards becoming a successful online learner. Visit fanshawec.ca/learner-resources for academic resources, technology support and connecting to the Fanshawe community.
Get connected with the Fanshawe Student Union
Follow the FSU on social media (@fanshawesu) or visit fsu.ca for more information on services and events.
Office of the Registrar
Visit the Office of the Registrar page for additional information.