Official contest rules and regulations
Complete the form below to enter the contest, open to domestic students redeemable between September, 2021 and April, 2022.
Official rules and regulations
Note: Must register as a first year, full-time or part-time domestic student in a Fanshawe College program. This credit is non-transferrable, has no cash value and must be used between September, 2021 and April, 2022.
- Contest starts at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on September 1, 2020 and closes on Sunday, May 31, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) prize to be won from among all the eligible applicants received during the Contest Period. Void where prohibited.
- The contest sponsor is Fanshawe College (the “Contest Sponsor”).
- Contest entry. All Fanshawe Open House (Fall, 2020 and Spring, 2021) registrants who filled out a form through openhouse.fanshawec.ca are entered into the contest (the “Contest”). Alternatively, an entry ballot can be filled through a recruiter by a QR code on a recruiter business card, a Fanshawe iPad or at www.fanshawec.ca/connect.
Only one entry is permitted per person per entry method. A person may enter up to five times by filling an entry ballot through: Fall Open House 2020, Spring Open House 2021, a recruiter QR code, a Fanshawe iPad or at www.fanshawec.ca/connect. Entries must be received by Fanshawe College during the Contest Period. To be eligible to win the Contest prize, the potential winner must, by the time of the Contest draw, have been accepted as a first year domestic student into a full-time or part-time program at any campus location of Fanshawe College for the academic year beginning September 2021. To be eligible to win, the entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario. Employees of any of the Contest Sponsor, its respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, and the parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with such employees, are ineligible to enter.
- Prize - No cash value. There is one (1) grand prize (the “Prize”) consisting of:
- The tuition of one (1) full-time program for you at any campus of Fanshawe College for the first two (2) levels of said program, or the equivalent value of a part-time program, to be enrolled between the period of September 2021 and April 2022. The contest winner must maintain academic eligibility in order to receive the tuition portion for level two (2) of their program, and is subject to all academic policies of Fanshawe College and the Fanshawe College Student Code of Conduct. Any violation of these policies may result in the termination of the Prize.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, assigned or otherwise transferred, and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
- The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- On or after Monday, June 1, 2021 at approximately 12:00 noon (ET), a random draw for the Prize will take place at Fanshawe College, London, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn, for which the entrant satisfies the eligibility criteria, will be eligible to win the Prize. Fanshawe College, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the initial potential winner or, if under the age of majority, his or her parent or legal guardian, by telephone and email within seven (7) business days after the draw. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within seven (7) business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. Before being awarded the Prize, potential winner, or his or her parent or legal guardian in the event that the potential winner is under the age of majority, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating, among other things, that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required and authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest, and as related to receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the eligibility criteria and other provisions specified in these Rules and Fanshawe College admission requirements for first year students, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with any and all necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Monday, May 31, 2021, at which time, the Prize has not been awarded, the Contest shall be deemed to be terminated and the Prize shall lapse.
- All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of the Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants.
- Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or other electronic communications, or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with persons seeking a Contest ballot, or entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, or selecting a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest or the Contest Sponsor’s website to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest, including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest or the Contest Sponsor’s website.
- Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be addressed to Fanshawe College, 1001 Fanshawe College Blvd., London, ON, N5Y 5R6.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest ballot, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall govern.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to, trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Fanshawe College’s special constables, who provide security services on campus, are now carrying naloxone kits.
- The Board of Governors of Fanshawe College is seeking applications for membership to fill three vacancies on the Board commencing September 1, 2021.