You could win free tuition for a year!
Complete the form below to enter the contest, open to domestic students redeemable between September, 2022 and April, 2023. The contest ends May 31, 2022.
Official rules and regulations
Fanshawe College, Win Tuition for a Year Contest Rules, 2021-2022
- Sponsor. This “Win Tuition for a Year Contest” (this “Contest”) is sponsored by Fanshawe College (the “Sponsor”).
- Rules. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by this Contest’s Rules (the “Rules”).
- Eligibility. No purchase is required. To be eligible to win the Contest prize, the entrant must, by the time of the Contest Draw, have been accepted as a first-year domestic student in a full-time or part-time program at any campus location of Fanshawe College for the academic year beginning September 2022. The entrant must also be a legal resident of Ontario.
Employees of the Sponsor, its respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, and the parents, siblings and children, and persons residing with such employees, are ineligible.
- Disqualification. Sponsor may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, acting in a disruptive manner regarding the Contest, or in violation of the Rules.
- Contest Dates and Times. This Contest begins at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 1, 2021 and closes on Sunday, May 31, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”).
- How to Enter. You can enter by filling out the form located on:
- the Win Tuition for a Year Contest Page at www.fanshawec.ca/win-tuition
- Facebook, or
- the Win Tuition for a Year Contest page at choose.fanshawec.ca.
Each eligible person is permitted up to four entries: one entry per completion of one entry method above, and a fourth entry upon submitting the person’s Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok, or Snapchat social media handle to the Sponsor on the entry confirmation page, which appears after completion of an entry method. For example, if an eligible person submits and the Sponsor receives the form located in 6(a), (b), and (c) and the Sponsor receives their social media handle, they would receive 4 entries.
For an entry to be valid, it must be received by Fanshawe College during the
- Contest Period. Once an eligible person receives at least one valid entry, they become an entrant.
- Contest Prize. There is only 1 prize to be won that consists of a $5,000 CDN tuition credit (the “Prize”). The Prize must be applied towards the tuition of the first 2 levels of any one full-time or part-time program at any campus of Fanshawe College. The Prize must be used between the period of September 2022 and April 2023. Prize has no cash value and will be applied to the winner’s tuition in a manner subject to the Sponsor’s sole discretion. There is no cash refund for any unused credit.
The winner is solely responsible for (i) all tuition costs that exceed the $5,000 Prize; and (ii) all non-tuition-related fees, such as residence fees, meal plans, books, transportation, insurance, supplier, and any other costs.
To remain eligible for level 2 of the winner’s program, the winner must maintain academic eligibility and abide by all policies of Fanshawe College, including but not limited to the Fanshawe College Academic Policy and Student Code of Conduct. Any violation of the Sponsor’s policies may result in the termination of the Prize.
The Prize may not be sold, assigned, or otherwise transferred, and is not convertible to cash. Any such sale, assignment, or transfer is void.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of entrants and valid entries during the Contest Period.
- Winner Selection and Confirmation. On or after Monday, June 1, 2022 at approximately 12:00 noon (ET), a random draw for the Prize will take place at Fanshawe College, London, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
The first entry drawn, for which the entrant satisfies the eligibility criteria, will be eligible to win the Prize (the “Potential Winner”). Fanshawe College, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the initial Potential Winner or, if under the age of majority, their parent or legal guardian by telephone and email within 7 business days after the draw. In the event that the Potential Winner cannot be contacted within 7 business days after the draw, they will be disqualified and a new Potential Winner will be drawn.
In order to claim the Prize and be declared the winner, the Potential Winner must, within the dates determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion and authority:
- consent to accept the Prize as awarded or, if under the age of majority, have their guardian accept the Prize as awarded;
- provide the Sponsor proof of identification;
- answer a mathematical skill-testing question correctly without any assistance and within a 5 minute time period to be administered by the Sponsor at its sole discretion; and,
- sign and return, or if under the age of majority, have their parents sign or return, within the time stipulated by the Sponsor the following documents:
- a full release and indemnity form stating, among other things, that they has read and understood these Rules, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the Potential Winner’s participation in this Contest, and as related to receipt and use of the Prize; and,
- a contract granting all consents required authorizing the Sponsor to broadcast, publish, and disseminate their name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, and sobriquet and voice in connection with any promotion or publicity and/or for general news, entertainment, and information purposes at no additional compensation to the Potential Winner beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize.
In the event the Potential Winner does not claim the Prize in time, the Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify such Potential Winner and draw an alternate Potential Winner.
The procedures above relating to selection and notification of a Potential Winner will be applied with any and all necessary amendments until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Monday, August 29, 2022, at which time, if the Prize has not been awarded, the Contest shall be deemed to be terminated and the Prize shall lapse.
- Final Decision. All decisions of the Sponsor with respect to any aspect of the Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants.
- Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel, or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest. The Sponsor may even terminate the Contest early and select a winner from previously received eligible entries.
- Correspondence. No correspondence will be entered into except with persons seeking to enter the Contest, requesting Rules by mail, or requesting the name of the Prize winner. If correspondence is requested by mail, the person shall give the Sponsor a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope for its response.
- Exclusion of Liability. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for
- incorrect entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a Prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions of any kind, lost or delayed entries for any reason, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules;
- injury or damage to peoples’ computers or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting the Prize;
- any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the person’s participation in the Contest or receipt of the Prize;
- the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or,
- late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a Potential Winner or accept the Prize by the Potential Winner.
- Consent to Use of Personal Information. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use, and distribution of their personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age, and home address) by the Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Sponsor should be addressed to Fanshawe College, 1001 Fanshawe College Blvd., London, ON, N5Y 5R6.
- Inconsistency. In the event of any inconsistency between the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, these Rules shall govern.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to, trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- Governing Law. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Ontario law excluding its conflict of laws principles governs all disputes arising out of this Contest. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in London, Ontario.
Connect with Fanshawe
If you're exploring your program options, or have questions about applying to college, student life and more, contact us today!