Discover one of Ontario’s largest plant collections in 100 acres of accredited botanical gardens
Fanshawe is proud to present the Fanshawe College Botanical Gardens, a living library with an internationally recognized plant collection. The Botanical Gardens are home to over 4,000 plant species managed by students and faculty of Fanshawe’s Horticulture Technician program. Located at the London Campus and The Mac Cuddy Botanic Garden in Strathroy, Ontario, these unique gardens are part of Botanic Gardens Conservation International and maintain associations with botanic gardens across the globe.
Highlights of the botanical gardens
- Guests are invited to explore plants displayed in dry, rock, woodland, perennial, rose and grass gardens.
- Several indigenous plants on the endangered species list belong to the collection, such as the Cucumber Magnolia and the Yellow Trillium.
- Well-known throughout North America, the gardens hosted the Perennial Plant Association in 2000 and were the first Canadian Gardens to be honoured by them for exemplary design use of perennials and woody plants.
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.