Career Exploration Consulting
"The best way to predict our future is to create it." ~Peter Drucker
What is Career Exploration Consulting?
Career Exploration Consulting assists individuals in looking at factors that may be influencing their career development including: lifestyle, personality, interests, values, aptitudes, work experience and education.
Career planning can be a challenging task as individuals are faced with choices, changes and obstacles. Career assessments can help you find the answers to these and other common questions:
- How do I decide what type of career goals are right for me?
- What type of work environment fits me best?
- What field of study could I pursue to reach my goals?
- What do I do if I'm not happy in this program anymore?
- What if my career goals are different from what my family thinks they should be?
- What if I make a choice and then change my mind?
Career Consulting is available to all students registered in a full-time, post-secondary program and alumni. Make an appointment if you are interested in:
- exploring your career goals with a consultant
- learning about resources available to help you on your career and education path
- participating in career assessments to help you learn more about yourself and set realistic career goals
What can I expect from the process?
During your first appointment, we will discuss your concerns and decide what course of action may be best for you. We will then schedule additional appointments, career assessments or provide a referral to another resource as appropriate.
The career assessment tools used in Career Services explore personality, interests, values and skills.
What will it give me?
The goal of career consulting is to give you the opportunity to begin exploring the elements of a career that make sense for you. The results can offer you insight into the type of tasks you may enjoy, and the kind of things that are important to you and some options for career fields and environments that may best fit your personality, interests, values and skills.
There isn't an assessment or a career consultant that can tell you what you should do. Together, however, both can offer you information and insight to make you a more informed decision maker. Additional online resources include job postings, upcoming employment events, career fairs, job search resources, and labour market trends.
If you are interested in booking an appointment for career assessment, please fill out the career exploration intake form and we will reply to you shortly.
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- Prospective students and their families are invited to experience Fanshawe virtually from their own homes.