Ontario Bridge Training programs help skilled newcomers get their license or certification in their profession or trade, so they can work in Ontario.
Fanshawe College Bridging programs
If you are a dedicated, skilled nurse registered outside of Canada, the Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses (BIEN) programs have been approved by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) to bridge to Ontario nursing registration. The programs will provide you with theory and clinical experience necessary to meet CNO evidence of practice requirements. The College acknowledges your skills and education as a nurse and as such the programs are designed to integrate your skills with the Ontario standards and upgrade your practice requirements noted by the College of Nurses of Ontario. For more information, visit the program pages:
- Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses - RN (BIE1)
- Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses - RPN (BRN2)
For information on various bridging programs offered across Ontario, visit the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration website or choose one of the following links:
- Career Bridge - a national internship program for newcomers;
- Ontario Bridging Training - programs that help newcomers get their license or certificate in their profession or trade, so they can work in Ontario;
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada - information on different government programs for career development.