Ontario Bridge Training programs help skilled newcomers get their license or certification in their profession or trade, so they can work in Ontario.
Fanshawe College Bridging programs
Bridge Program for Internationally Educated Nurses (BIEN)
If you are an internationally educated nurse (IEN) who is in the process of registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), the Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses (BIEN) program is designed to enable you as an IEN to meet your safe practice, language fluency requirements, and/or the identified competency gaps required by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO). Upon successful completion of the program, IENs may be eligible to write the registration examination to become registered to practice Nursing in Ontario and obtain employment commensurate with their nursing skills and experience. For more information, visit the program pages:
- Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses - Nursing
- Bridging for Internationally Educated Nurses - Practical Nursing
Correction notice: The 2019/2020 Fanshawe Viewbook indicates that these programs are approved by the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), which is an incorrect statement. These programs enable internationally educated nurses to bridge their gaps and to meet the CNO requirements.
For information on various bridging programs offered across Ontario, visit the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration website or choose one of the following links:
- Career Bridge - a national internship program for newcomers;
- Ontario Bridging Training - programs that help newcomers get their license or certificate in their profession or trade, so they can work in Ontario;
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada - information on different government programs for career development.