Welcome to Fanshawe College! We're among the largest and highest performing colleges in Ontario with a 50-year track record and counting. When you choose Fanshawe, you're choosing to study at a post-secondary institution that puts you above all else, providing you with everything you need to be successful both inside the classroom and out. From elite learning facilities to one of the most incredible student experiences you'll find anywhere, we'll help you build a launch pad for your passion and provide you with the tools and understanding necessary to make it a reality.
Why should you choose Fanshawe? There are so many reasons why we consider ourselves one of the best, but here are 10 that set us apart from all the rest.
With over 200+ programs, we literally have something for everyone!
- We offer an array of programs, including apprenticeships and skilled trades, certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, honours bachelor degrees and postgraduate certificates;
- Flexible delivery options allow you to study full-time, part-time and online;
- Specializing in the art of experiential learning, we blend academic study with practical, hands-on learning, like co-op work terms, field placements, research opportunities and entrepreneurship, embedded into every program;
- Still not sure what program you want to take? No problem! We have a free Pathfinder tool that helps you find the Fanshawe program that best suits you. We even have an Online Readiness Indicator tool to help you determine if online learning is right for you. Find your fit today!
Setting you up for career success - that's our job. We support students in finding jobs to gain real-world work experience to complement their in-class studies.
- Award-winning career services team*;
- One of the most impressive career service models in Canada**;
- One of the first colleges to offer co-operative education (since 1970);
- 50+ co-operative education programs offered, including 14 accredited by Co-operative Education Work Integrated Learning Canada;
- Over 2,300 co-operative education jobs posted each year;
- Host two career fairs on campus each academic year with 100 employers from a variety of industries like automotive, manufacturing, tourism and hospitality, aerospace, healthcare, human services, business, IT, recreation and leisure, science and technology, food and beverage, agriculture;
- 8,000 employer partnerships annually, providing full-time, part-time and summer job opportunities;
- Support for student entrepreneurial enterprise with help by LEAP Junction, part of the London Campus Linked Accelerator and funded by Ontario's Youth Job Strategy.
*Winner of Education at Work Ontario and Canadian Colleges Institutes of Canada awards.
**According to a 2016 study by the Canadian Education and Research Institute for Counselling.
At Fanshawe, we genuinely care about you and how you do while you're studying with us. That's because we've built a support system that's got you covered from orientation day to graduation and beyond. Here's why we're one of the best for student success:
- We offer more comprehensive student support services than other colleges in the system like counselling services, student success advising and academic advising for education pathways, as well as accessibility services, First Nations Centre, library and media services and peer tutoring, just to name a few;
- One of the leading colleges for campus security in Ontario and the first Canadian college to employ a Sexual Violence Prevention Advisor;
- First college to incorporate a Student Union (Fanshawe Student Union) within the college system and first Ontario college to have its own separately managed student building;
- One of the highest graduation rates and graduate employment rates among Ontario's largest colleges (according to the latest KPI survey results).
It's a great time to become a Fanshawe student! Why? Because the rumours are true...we like to work hard and play hard and have one of the best student experiences you could ask for! Don't believe it? Come see for yourself!
- $150+ million spent over the past five years to modernize and expand our facilities, including the Centre for Applied Transportation Technologies, Fanshawe Aviation Centre, School of Digital and Performing Arts, School of Public Safety, Student Wellness Centre and our newest downtown location at 130 Dundas Street, London;
- New Student Wellness Centre, a three-floor facility designed to meet all your fitness and wellness needs;
- Lots of perks included in your tuition like a London Transit bus pass, fitness centre membership, and a health and dental plan;
- More than 20 on-campus food options to satisfy any craving, including three Tim Hortons locations, a full-service Starbucks, Harvey's, Subway, Pizza Pizza, Paramount, Booster Juice and Smoke's Poutinerie. Located in the Student Centre, the Fanshawe Student Union Oasis Marché Grille provides a welcoming environment with diverse food options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also, The Out Back Shack restaurant and bar offers an expanded roadhouse style menu with a variety of evening events throughout the week;
- A one-stop-shop campus that includes a medical clinic, pharmacy, hair salon, study and computer labs and plenty of places to relax and spend time with friends;
- 200+ clubs, teams and events every year hosted by the Fanshawe Student Union (FSU).
When you call London, Ontario ‘home', you become part of a larger community that is truly student-focused.
- One of the most student-friendly cities in Canada, being home to over 45,000 full-time college and university students every year;
- Known as the ‘forest city' with 200+ parks;
- Amazing downtown entertainment with concerts and sporting events at Budweiser Gardens, incredible restaurants and nightlife on Richmond Row, as well as year-round festivals and cultural events;
- Only a two-hour drive to Toronto or Windsor on Highway 401;
- Accessible transit include bus and train stations and even an international airport;
- Expanded London footprint with locations like our Oxford Street Campus, Centre for Applied Transportation Technologies (CATT), Fanshawe Aviation Centre (at London International Airport) and London Downtown Campus (featuring our School of Digital and Performing Arts and new 130 Dundas Street location);
- Fanshawe also has three regional campus locations in Woodstock, Simcoe and St. Thomas and regional sites in Clinton, Goderich, Kincardine, Stratford and Tiverton.
Enjoy the suite life and live steps away from your classroom.
- Apply by the deadline and your spot in residence is guaranteed*;
- One of the largest supplies of on-campus accommodation with over 1,200 apartment-style residence rooms and almost 400 townhouse rooms located at our London campus;
- Fully furnished units and your own private bedroom with an oversized double bed;
- Amenities include cable and internet (100mb), maintenance and light housekeeping services, laundry facilities, study lounges, social activities … we even take care of utilities! Heat, hydro and water are on us;
- 24-hour staffed front desk for support and security, residence advisors on each floor and live-in residence managers;
- Green programs are in place to ensure that the only things remaining from your stay are great memories and many friends.
* First-year, London campus students.
Student life can add up. That's why we feel it's important to offer many ways to help you pay for college, like offering over $5 million in scholarships, awards and bursaries. To be able to do this, we have a dedicated Financial Aid and Awards office that helps thousands of students each year.
- Offers free Financial Readiness sessions to nearly 300 students each year to answer questions and help with applications, including OSAP - you don't have to be a Fanshawe student yet to attend them!
- Entrance bursaries of up to $1,000 are available for students attending Fanshawe College for the first time on a full-time basis who can show financial need;
- Total amount of student awards disbursed has doubled since 2011;
- Over 450 scholarships and awards available;
- 120 unique bursary opportunities available, each awarded to multiple recipients;
- We aim to have an award and bursary opportunity for every program by reviewing new programs annually and actively seeking donor support.
We believe that international education opportunities provide valuable experience that not only lets you enjoy other cultures and explore the world, but also helps you build your resumé when it's time to look for a job.
- Proud partner of the Canadian Bureau of International Exchange (CBIE);
- 29 formal exchange agreements in 16 countries;
- Short-term summer exchange programs in Japan, India, Finland and France;
- Many programs offer field study trips that include Costa Rica, Brazil, Italy, Spain, USA (Florida), and even a cruise;
- Study abroad scholarships available for up to $2,500 for those who are eligible - can be used to offset the cost to go abroad!
- 500+ education pathways from articulation agreements with 60+ institutions around the world for you to complete your degree or master's degree after you graduate from Fanshawe.
Being a leading research college in Canada means that we provide research opportunities for students in all of our programs.
- Dedicated research hub known as the Centre for Research and Innovation that links industry, business and community partners with Fanshawe students and faculty researchers;
- Ranked in top 10 on RE$EARCH Infosource Inc.'s annual ranking of Canada's Top 50 Research Colleges;
- 200+ applied research projects focused on bringing new products and services to market;
- Projects have attracted $12 million in external grants;
- Collaborated with 191 business, industry and community partners;
- Fanshawe-owned Canadian Centre for Product Validation, winner of the Innovation Award at the London Chamber of Commerce 2018 Business Achievement Awards, continually supports student research through capstone projects and connections to industry experts.
Got Game? So do we. Here's why we have one of the best athletics programs in Canada:
- 19 national championships and 131 OCAA provincial championships and counting;
- Second largest varsity athletics program in CCAA. Largest intramural program in the OCAA;
- 200+ student-athletes annually;
- First CCAA college in Canada to become an exclusive partner with Under Armour, the supplier of our varsity uniforms and team apparel;
- First-rate facilities that create a professional environment for our student-athletes to excel, including our new $25 million student wellness and fitness centre.