Schulich Builders Scholarships are awarded to students enrolling in full-time, certificate and diploma programs within eligible skilled trade fields at participating Ontario colleges. Colleges offer the scholarships in programs with the most in-demand jobs in the skilled trades sector in Ontario. Please note, advanced diploma programs are not eligible for the scholarship.
The program will award 100 scholarships annually with 10 scholarships available at each participating college. Scholarships are valued at up to $40,000 ($20,000 per academic year), supporting the costs of tuition, living expenses and tools. Schulich Builders will benefit from internal resources at the College to enhance their student experience and assist in their employment within their relevant field in the skilled trades upon graduation. Schulich Builders Scholarships aim to recognize and enable Ontario’s future skilled trade workers, with an annual investment of over $3 million through top Ontario colleges.
Schulich Builders Scholarships are looking for responsible, hardworking, dedicated people who:
- Are Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
- Meet College admission requirements;
- Are enrolling in a full-time, eligible skilled trades program towards a one-year certificate or two-year diploma at a participating college starting in fall 2024.
Renewal criteria: The only requirement for recipients to keep their scholarship is that they pass each semester (no minimum average is required) and do not drop out of the program or College during full-time study.
You must meet the following criteria to be in contention for the scholarship:
- Strong work ethic and character, as evidenced by one letter of recommendation by someone directly connected to you, preferably:
- High school staff member
- Community service organization
- Financial need as determined by the College admission department;
- Willingness to act as an ambassador and promote their career choice in the skilled trades and the Schulich Builders program in high schools and community outreach.
|Auto Body Repair Techniques
|Carpentry and Renovation Technician
|Carpentry and Renovation Techniques
|Electrical Engineering Technician
|Electromechanical Engineering Technician (Co‐op)
|Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician (Co-op)
|Manufacturing Engineering Technician
|Mechanical Engineering Technician ‐ CNC/CAM
|Mechanical Engineering Technician‐Industrial Maintenance
|Motive Power Technician (Automotive)
|Motive Power Technician (Diesel)
|Renewable Energies Technician
|Welding Techniques (St. Thomas Campus, Simcoe Campus)
|Welding and Fabrication Technician