Transfer to Fanshawe using your previous education from another post-secondary institution.
If you have completed a post-secondary credential or post-secondary courses at another college or university, you can continue or further your education at Fanshawe College. Explore your options below!
Explore pathways into Fanshawe honours bachelor degrees
If you have completed a diploma or advanced diploma at another Ontario college, you may have the option to turn that credential into an honours bachelor degree at Fanshawe.
Fanshawe degrees are four-year (120 credit) degrees offering:
- Degree completion opportunities from related Ontario diplomas or advanced diplomas;
- Opportunities for further education;
- Theory and practical experience;
- Co-operative work experience;
- Industry-leading faculty committed to teaching excellence and research;
- Quality assurance recognition by the Postsecondary Education Quality Assessment Board (PEQAB).
To explore pathways into Fanshawe bachelor degrees:
Search opportunities to pathway into a Fanshawe degree and eligibility requirements on ONTransfer.ca.
If you meet the eligibility requirements to pathway into a degree, review the Advanced Standing section below for details on how to apply.
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements or your program is not listed, you may still be eligible to apply for transfer credit on a course-by-course basis. Review the external credit section below for details on how to apply.
Apply for advanced standing
Advanced standing allows you to get entry into a higher level or year of a Fanshawe program based on previous education completed at another Ontario college or university.
To apply for advanced standing:
- Visit ONTransfer.ca to find out if Fanshawe has advanced standing pathways with your previous school and program, or contact our Advising Centre at 519-452-4277 or email@example.com.
If you do not meet the eligibility requirements or your program is not listed, you may still be eligible for transfer credit on a course-by-course basis. Review the external credit section below for details on how to apply.
- Visit ontariocolleges.ca to apply for the Fanshawe College program you are interested in. When asked in what level you would like to start, choose a level greater than one. For assistance, call 1-888-892-2228.
- Once Fanshawe has received the application from ontariocolleges.ca, you will receive an acknowledgement email requesting certified post-secondary transcripts and other documentation such as course outlines for the courses you have previously completed.
Apply for external credit
External credit allows you to transfer course(s) completed at another college or university.
There is no fee to apply for External Credit at Fanshawe. To be eligible for transfer credit, courses will have at least 80% comparable content and learning outcomes. A minimum grade of 60% or "C" must be achieved to obtain the External Credit in alignment with Policy A124: Recognition of Prior Learning. Some courses or programs may have exceptions to the minimum grade. You also need to be accepted into a Fanshawe program in order to apply for external credit.
To apply for external credit:
- Check the College Academic Calendars to find out the deadline for course credit application. It is recommended that you submit your request for external credit one or two months prior to starting a course to ensure your application is processed prior to Fanshawe's drop deadline.
- Consider what courses you may be eligible to receive external credit for by searching the Course to Course database on ONTransfer.ca
If you don’t see your institution or course, you may still be eligible to apply for transfer credits: visit your Fanshawe program page to see the list of courses in your program. Next, find course outlines for the courses you are considering to request credit for. Use the course outlines to compare similarities between the learning outcomes of Fanshawe's courses and courses taken elsewhere.
- Gather your required documentation: transcripts with final grades and course outlines for courses you have completed elsewhere.
- Apply for credit and submit the required documentation online using the Course Credit Transfer Form.
Note: your FOL credentials are required to access the Course Credit Transfer Form. Please contact the Advising Centre at 519-452-4277 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance if you don’t have access to FOL.
Assessment of your transfer credit request can take two to six weeks. If you submit the request while registered in the course you wish to receive credit for, continue to attend classes and do the work until you receive approval for the credit transfer.
Did you know?
You can also get credit for learning acquired from previous work experience. If you have previous work experience or learning achieved outside the classroom, prior learning assessment and recognition (PLAR) can help you gain credit for up to 75% of a college program. Visit our Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition page to learn more.
Fanshawe graduate certificates offer career-focused curriculum to complement your diploma, advanced diploma, degree or work experience and build on the knowledge and skills you've acquired. To learn more, check out our graduate certificate programs.