The best Canada Day celebrations in London
The Canada Day celebration brings multiple people together, including friends and family. It’s a heartwarming time to celebrate Canada’s birthday at any day-long event of your choosing. Canada Day is celebrated July 1 of every year since 1867 and this year you will get to enjoy a long weekend.
Across Canada, people are ready to attend parades, barbecues, food, fireworks, activities, entertainment, concerts, and park festivals. Whether you have plans to gather your friends over at your house to dine or going out to the streets of London, here is a list of to-go places to celebrate Canada Day in London.
Ready to celebrate Canada Day in London?
- Eldon House - Celebrate Canada’s birthday at the Eldon House Carnival. Enjoy old fashioned carnival with historical games, carnival food and entertainment.
- Harris Park and White Oaks Park. Enjoy a day of family fun at the park. Celebrate with music, colouring, sand box treasure, face painting, tattoos, photos booth, Canada day mural bubbles, inflatable rides, food vendors, cake and a free movie.
- Children’s Museum London - Celebrate Canada Day by learning at the Children’s Museum. Learn not only about strawberry medicine and strawberry art with Warrior Womyn of Positive Drum but also about Canadian artifacts, including Narwhal Tusk, Inuit soapstone carving and antique toys. Visit the star lab and hear First Nations constellation stories.
- Fanshawe Pioneer Village – Have you always wanted to celebrate Canada the old-fashioned way? Grab your picnic blanket to enjoy the best of Dominion Day celebration. Enjoy patriotic speeches, Victorian games, cake, lemonade, country tea, delicious BBQ and activities that will bring the past to life.
- Dundas Place, Downtown London and Night Market London Rejoice on this family-friendly event for Canada Day on Dundas Place. A day-long family friendly event will have live music, food trucks, free entertainment, craft beer garden, kids zone, synthetic ice rink, chill zone and fireworks.
For more information on Canada Day go to the Government of Canada.
Subscribe to our Blog
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.