Things to do in London this fall
London, Ontario is a vibrant city with no shortage of events and attractions to explore. The 11th largest city in Canada, London is home to world-class athletics, arts and history museums, music venues, and more!
Here are some events for students to check out while you’re in London.
Music and performing arts
Artists from chart-topping Grammy winners to your favourite indie band often stop in London on tour. We even enjoy professional live theatre, including touring Broadway shows! Check out some of the great performance venues in our own backyard:
Festivals and events: Fall 2019
London is known for putting on great community events! Check out one of the great events happening this fall:
- Western Fair (September 6-15, 2019)
- Airshow London (September 13-15, 2019)
- Doors Open London (September 14 and 15, 2019)
- London Comic Con (October 5 and 6, 2019)
- London Santa Claus Parade (November 9, 2019)
From stunning visual exhibitions to important artifacts from London’s history, museums enrich our city:
Sports (to watch)
If you're an avid sports fan, London is home to incredible teams:
- Our own Fanshawe Falcons (OCAA Athletics)
- London Knights (OHL hockey)
- London Lightning (NBL basketball), reigning back-to-back champions
- London Majors (IBL baseball)
- Western Mustangs (OUA Athletics)
Sports (to play)
If you're looking to get active:
- Join the Forest City Sport and Social Club
- Golf one of 40+ courses in London and surrounding community
- Enjoy London walking or biking paths
London is known as the Forest City and we are proud of our beautiful parks and a few hidden gems where you can enjoy the peace of nature:
Subscribe to our Blog
- Fanshawe’s commitment to academic quality and student success is stronger than ever.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.