What is a bursary?
A bursary is a non-repayable award assessed on demonstrated financial need through an online application which evaluates education and allowable living expenses with resources. Other criteria may be considered such as extra-curricular activities, grade point average, and citizenship. Fanshawe College and the Fanshawe College Foundation work closely with community partners to secure financial support for students in need.
An important thing to note is that bursaries are different from scholarships and have different application processes. To learn the difference between bursaries and scholarships, please watch our YouTube video explaining this.
Fanshawe College Continuing Education Bursary
The Fanshawe College Continuing Education Bursary is administered by Financial Aid and Student Awards, room E2020. The purpose of this bursary is to assist students with low family income and resources AND are pursuing their certificate, diploma or degree on a part-time basis. The eligibility thresholds set for the Fanshawe College Continuing Education Bursary are consistent with those established for institution-funded special bursaries set by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities. Applications are considered on a first-come/first-served basis as limited funding is available. To apply for this bursary you must meet the eligibility criteria as outlined on the application.
Need help filling out your bursary application?
- Refer to these sample documents for guidelines on how to fill out a bursary application:
- Sample Student Bursary Application - tips and examples of how to fill out an online bursary application.
- Sample Bursary Budget - general guidelines for reasonable expenses when filling out your bursary application.
- Attend a Financial Readiness session.
- Contact the following offices for assistance:
Financial Aid and Student Awards
E2020, London Campus
Fanshawe Student Union
SC-1000, London Campus
Helpful links and resources
- Fanshawe College’s special constables, who provide security services on campus, are now carrying naloxone kits.
- Essential Skills for Truck Drivers is free to eligible participants and provides a solid understanding of safety, legislation, procedures and standards used in the Ontario trucking industry.