What is a bursary?
A bursary is a non-repayable award assessed on demonstrated financial need through an online application which evaluates education and allowable living expenses with resources. Other criteria may be considered such as extra-curricular activities, grade point average, and citizenship. Fanshawe College and the Fanshawe College Foundation work closely with community partners to secure financial support for students in need.
Applications open from February 7, 2020 to June 26, 2020 for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Entrance bursaries are for students attending Fanshawe College for the first-time on a full-time basis, and can show financial need. Students attending on a full-time basis within a post-secondary or post-diploma program at Fanshawe College are eligible to apply. Apply early, the application is available from February 7, 2020 until June 26, 2020 for students attending any term (Fall 2020, Winter 2021 and Spring 2021) in the 2020-2021 academic year.
Fanshawe College Continuing Education Bursary
The Fanshawe College Continuing Education Bursary is administered by Financial Aid and Student Awards, room E2020. The purpose of this bursary is to assist students with low family income and resources AND are pursuing their certificate, diploma or degree on a part-time basis. The eligibility thresholds set for the Fanshawe College Continuing Education Bursary are consistent with those established for institution-funded special bursaries set by the Ministry of Colleges and Universities. Applications are considered on a first-come/first-served basis as limited funding is available. To apply for this bursary you must meet the eligibility criteria as outlined on the application.
Need help filling out your bursary application?
- Refer to these sample documents for guidelines on how to fill out a bursary application:
- Sample Student Bursary Application - tips and examples of how to fill out an online bursary application.
- Sample Bursary Budget - general guidelines for reasonable expenses when filling out your bursary application.
- Attend a Financial Readiness session.
- Contact the following offices for assistance:
Financial Aid and Student Awards
E2020, London Campus
Fanshawe Student Union
SC-1000, London Campus
Helpful links and resources
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- In 2018, Ayden Miller (keyboard/synthesizer), Stefan Boulineau (lead vocals) and Cole Wilson (lead guitar) formed their band New Friends while working together in the studio of Fanshawe Music Industry Arts program.