• Students starting in Fall 2019, Winter 2020, Spring/Summer 2020 apply for the 2019-2020 OSAP application. If you have already started an OSAP application, please remember to complete it as soon as possible. Before the start of your program!


Apply now for OSAP!

More info from OSAP

2019-2020 OSAP application process

Click here to apply:  ontario.ca/osap

Do you need help with your OSAP application?

Returning students - see OSAP FAQs for more information about OSAP.

How to get your OSAP funding for the 2019-2020 school year:

Follow these steps to get your OSAP funding.  For more information, visit the “Getting OSAP” section on the OSAP website. 

Step 1: Complete your OSAP application for 2019-2020

Don't stop after creating your OSAP account and user profile. Make sure you also complete an application for OSAP. You can do this from your college application online, or you can visit ontario.ca/osap to start a new application or resume one you previously started and paused.

Step 2: Submit your required documents

Submit all OSAP required documents to the Financial Aid Office upload or bring in person to the Financial Aid Office at Fanshawe. All documents required by OSAP (listed at the end of your online OSAP application) must be submitted and satisfied before any funding can be disbursed to you.

For your personalized list of required documents, login to your OSAP account on the OSAP website, select "Check Status" and go to the "Required Documents" section.

Step 3: Complete your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA)

After you submit your online OSAP Application for Full-Time Students, you also need to complete your lifetime student loan agreement, called the Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA). For instructions on how to complete the MFSAA, login to your OSAP account on the OSAP website, select "Check Status" and go to the "Required Documents" section. You'll also get an email from the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) which will provide you with these instructions to register for your online account and complete your MSFAA online.

If you applied for OSAP using a paper application, your MSFAA will be mailed to you. Read the terms and conditions, then complete and sign your MSFAA.

NOTE: For most students you only submit the MFSAA once. Do not submit it to the Financial Aid Office.

NSLSC: New Customer Experience:
This module demonstrates the experience that a new student would go through registering with the NSLSC for the first time.

Step 4: Check your status often

Check the status of your OSAP application online regularly.

TIP: Opt-in for email notifications so you know if something has changed or if something is needed/missing.

Step 5: School confirms your enrolment

Fanshawe College confirms your enrollment just prior to classes starting. OSAP money will not be released until this step is completed. For most students, this will happen at the start of their studies (e.g., September) and then again halfway through their study period (e.g., January). For information about your disbursements and funding, log on to your OSAP account on the OSAP website and go to the “Check Status” section.

Step 6: Get your OSAP!

In most cases, OSAP money is typically released in the first week of school.


Contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions about OSAP.

Helpful links and resources:

Links for out-of-province students: