2019 Tuition and Enrolment Certificates (T2202) are available through WebAdvisor.

Click here to view your Tuition and Enrolment Certificates


New for 2019 Tax Year

  • T2202A has changed to T2202.
  • T2202 will now contain the student’s SIN.
  • If the college does not have your SIN on file, you need to provide your SIN via WebAdvisor.
  • If you do not have a SIN, you can apply for one at any Service Canada location. Information is available here.

Effective January 1, 2017, the federal education and textbook tax credits were eliminated. This measure did not eliminate the tuition tax credit, and it does not affect the ability to carry forward unused education and textbook credit amounts from years prior to 2017. More detailed information is available at: www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/technical-information/income-tax/income-tax-folios-index/series-1-individuals/folio-2-students.

What is the difference between a T2202, T4A and T4 form?

A T2202 (or Tuition and Enrolment Certificate) is an income tax form issued to students for activity for the calendar year. It shows the amount of tuition that can be deducted for income tax purposes as well as the number of months for the education deduction. Students can access their T2202 by logging onto WebAdvisor. If you are a sponsored student, please refer to the Canada Revenue Agency's "Students and Income Tax" (P105 available on the web at http://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/p105) under the section "Eligible Tuition Fees" to determine if you are eligible to claim these amounts.

A T4A is a tax slip issued to students for scholarships, bursaries and other monetary awards from Fanshawe College in the calendar year. Fanshawe College issues T4As for bursaries or scholarships even if the funds came from other agencies or organizations. Amounts on T4As must be reported as other income on the student's tax return. T4As will be mailed to students by the end of February.
Contact: Accounts Payable
Email: payments@fanshawec.ca
Phone: 519-452-4277

A T4 is a tax slip issued by an employer to employees for employment income they earned in the calendar year. Students who were employed on campus (e.g. work study, peer tutor, part-time work) will receive a T4 from Fanshawe. T4s will be mailed by the end of February.

Do I qualify for a T2202 form?

T2202 forms are only issued to students who have paid more than $100 in eligible fees for post-secondary level courses beginning and ending in a particular calendar year.

How do I get my T2202?

T2202s for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,  2018 and 2019 are available through WebAdvisor for students to view and print. Students will require their username and password to access the information. If you don't remember your password, select Option 2 on the WebAdvisor page. You will need your student number.

I can't remember how to access WebAdvisor.

Visit the WebAdvisor page on Fanshawe's website. You will need your username and password. If you don't remember your password, select Option 2 on the WebAdvisor page. If you still have problems, contact the IT Service Desk at 519-452-4430 x4357. Please have your student number ready.

I paid over $100 for my course but there isn't a T2202 available for me. Aren't all Fanshawe courses eligible?

No. Some courses and fees are not eligible. For example, the student activity fee and bus pass fee as well as general interest, preparatory, and driver's education courses are not eligible.

Please refer to the Canada Revenue Agency's "Students and Income Tax" (P105 - available on the web at http://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications/publications/p105) under the section "Eligible Tuition Fees".

If you still have concerns over the amounts showing on your T2202, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 519-452-4277. If your issue needs to be transferred to Fees Services, it may take up to 48 hours (excluding weekends) to respond to your call due to a high volume of inquiries from February to April.

I paid more than the amount showing on my T2202. Why doesn't my form show the full amount I paid?

The T2202 form will only reflect the eligible fees. For example, the student activity fee and bus pass fee are not eligible fees. Therefore the tax form will be less than the amount you paid. As well, if your courses ran over 2 calendar years, only the amount relating to 2018 can be reported this year.

Please refer to the Canada Revenue Agency's "Students and Income Tax" P105 - available on the web at cra-arc.gc.ca under the section "Eligible Tuition Fees".

I paid for my Winter 2019 term during the 2018 year. Will that amount show on my 2018 T2202?

No. The T2202 form only reflects the actual learning period that you attended during the taxation year.

I don't have a computer at home. How can I get my information?

Internet access is available at the following locations:

Fanshawe College, Rooms A2024, B1049, Library L2005 (second floor) and G2014.
The lab is available 7 days a week and is open access until 11 pm. After 11 pm you will need an active student card to gain entry to the lab (a fee applies for printing).

Fanshawe College , Shared Labs, D3017, F3005, F3006, F3007, F3008, F3009 and F3010.
These labs are available from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. If there is a class in progress, please ask the instructor for permission to use a computer (to print bring your own paper).

Fanshawe College, Office of the Registrar, lobby (Room E1012) (view access only).

Public Library. To access a computer and printer at a public library you will need a library card which is available on request at the public library. We have been advised that all London and St. Thomas public libraries have computers with access to the internet and a recent version of Adobe to view and print the forms. (Nominal printing fees apply) Please remember you do not need a printed copy of your T2202 to file your income taxes.

I printed my T2202 form but my address has changed. Do I need a new one?

No. You are not required to mail the T2202 with your tax forms. The address on the form does not have to match your current address. Please ensure you have notified Fanshawe College of your change of address. This can be done online through WebAdvisor.

My parents/accountant want my T2202 form. Will you send it directly to them for me?

No. If a hard copy is required, the student can print a copy of their T2202 form available on WebAdvisor to provide to their parents/accountant.

Will you fax me my T2202? Will you email me my T2202?

No. Due to high volume, the College will not fax or make special arrangements for delivery. Email is not always confidential and it is difficult to verify the identity of the email sender. It is preferable for the student to view their T2202 form available on WebAdvisor.

I need a duplicate T2202 form for a previous year.

For 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,  2017 and 2018 there will be no duplicate T2202 forms as they are still available on WebAdvisor.

What program name will be shown on my T2202?

The T2202 will indicate the name of your most recent program even if it is not the one you took in 2018. For example, if you were in 2 different programs, or applied, paid, and withdrew from a program, the last program you were active in will be the one reported. CRA is only looking to make sure that you were registered in a post-secondary program. The program name listed does not affect your tax return.

Who do I contact if I still have questions?

If you have reviewed all of this information and still have unanswered questions concerning:

Access to WebAdvisor:
Contact the IT Service Desk at 519-914-0951 or https://connected.fanshawec.ca/contact-us/.
Hours are:
8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Friday
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Saturday
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Sunday

For further questions, please contact the Office of the Registrar: www.fanshawec.ca/registrar.

Be sure to provide your full name and student number. It is important to indicate if an amendment is required. If your issue needs to be transferred to Fees Services, it may take up to 48 hours (excluding weekends) to return your call due to the large volume of calls from February to April.

Your T4A - Contact Accounts Payable at 519-452-4447 or email at payments@fanshawec.ca.