For students who are required to complete Pre-Placement Process requirements, Paramed is still accepting appointment bookings. Appointments can be booked for Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., by calling 519-439-2222 or 1-800-265-5768 and press 6 for "Requisite Nurse". Assessments will be conducted by phone and students will need to submit documents electronically.
Tip: Check the menu at right and read everything under the heading "Pre-Placement Process" to become familiar with your program's time sensitive pre-placement requirements.
Schools of Health Sciences, Nursing and Community Studies
Your future career in the Health Sciences, Nursing and Community Studies fields requires you to meet specific health and safety standards before you can begin your first clinical/field placement. Why?
- To protect you, your placement agency co-workers and those individuals you will serve during placement;
- To meet regulations set out by Ontario law;
- To meet placement agency requirements before joining their organization.
How does this impact you?
Placements are mandatory. If you do not complete your pre-placement requirements, you cannot attend your placement. If you do not complete your clinical/field placement, you will not graduate from your program.
Here's how it works:
Fanshawe has partnered with ParaMed's Requisite Program. ParaMed provides clearance on all of your medical and non-medical records for student clinical and field pre-placement.
- Complete your pre-placement requirements - your Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Health Form is the main document to complete. This form includes explanations on each requirement as well as a checklist to help you along the way.
- Book an appointment online with ParaMed's Occupational Health Nurse - he/she will meet with you one-on-one to offer guidance, as well as review and validate that all medical and non-medical requirements are met prior to program placement.
Please bring the original and a photocopy of all documents with you to ParaMed. It's your responsibility to keep all original documents in a safe place for future reference.
Important: your requirements will vary depending on the program chosen. These conditions are not negotiable, and any deficiencies identified must be met prior to beginning placement. The ParaMed process is confidential and any cost associated with the pre-placement requirements is your responsibility.
Tip: plan to book your ParaMed appointment a month or so before the due date to avoid competing for appointment times.
- Fanshawe College will defer all in-person classes scheduled for the summer semester and intends to offer a blended delivery of programs in the fall.
- Prospective students and their families are invited to experience Fanshawe virtually from their own homes.