For students who are required to complete the pre-placement process, ParaMed is currently conducting distance appointments only at this time. These can be arranged by calling 519-439-2222 x4292 and ParaMed will walk you through the process.
The London Police Service are accepting online applications only at this time. You must be 21 years of age to apply online.
Students requiring Standard First Aid and CPR certification can do so beginning in August. Please contact email@example.com if you need a list of approved providers.
Visit http://cprinlondon.ca/n95-mask-fit-test/ for information on mask fit testing.
Tip: Check the menu at right and read everything under the heading "Pre-Placement Process" to become familiar with your program's time sensitive pre-placement requirements.
Schools of Health Sciences, Nursing and Community Studies
Your future career in the Health Sciences, Nursing and Community Studies fields requires you to meet specific health and safety standards before you can begin your first clinical/field placement. Why?
- To protect you, your placement agency co-workers and those individuals you will serve during placement;
- To meet regulations set out by Ontario law;
- To meet placement agency requirements before joining their organization.
How does this impact you?
Placements are mandatory. If you do not complete your pre-placement requirements, you cannot attend your placement. If you do not complete your clinical/field placement, you will not graduate from your program.
Here's how it works:
Fanshawe has partnered with ParaMed's Requisite Program. ParaMed provides clearance on all of your medical and non-medical records for student clinical and field pre-placement. Note: Students at campuses in Simcoe and Huron/Bruce are not cleared by ParaMed. Please contact your campus for more info.
- Complete your pre-placement requirements - your Clinical/Field Pre-Placement Health Form is the main document to complete. This form includes explanations on each requirement as well as a checklist to help you along the way.
- Book an appointment online with ParaMed's Occupational Health Nurse - he/she will meet with you one-on-one to offer guidance, as well as review and validate that all medical and non-medical requirements are met prior to program placement.
Please bring the original and a photocopy of all documents with you to ParaMed. It's your responsibility to keep all original documents in a safe place for future reference.
Important: your requirements will vary depending on the program chosen. These conditions are not negotiable, and any deficiencies identified must be met prior to beginning placement. The ParaMed process is confidential and any cost associated with the pre-placement requirements is your responsibility.
Tip: plan to book your ParaMed appointment a month or so before the due date to avoid competing for appointment times.
- The Fanshawe College 2020 United Way campaign kicked off October 8, 2020 and will run until the end of January 2021.
- Fanshawe College’s Centre for Research and Innovation has developed a safe, rapid and inexpensive method to identify the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug treatments.